1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem DVD Shrink problems

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by belercous, Dec 23, 2015.

1. belercous

belercous Newbie

Greetings all, I've been having a problem with DVD Shrink. Please keep in mind that I'm a fairly stupid person who can barely make it through a day without burning myself down or otherwise suffering grievous bodily damage, so please talk slowly & not use big words. Needless to say, I'm not very good with computers. Here is my problem & I was wondering if anyone could offer any solution:

For years I've been using DVD Shrink to make back-up copies of dvds. I use Anydvd to break any encrytion, then DVD Shrink to rip & compress the disc files then burn with DVD Decrypter. Works great most of the time. However on occasion I'll run across discs which Shrink won't open, giving me an I/O overlapped error message. Researching this problem on the interwebs I learned that others have worked around this problem by using DVD Fab, followed by Vobblanker, followed by DVD Shrink. I downloaded those programs, but Shrink wouldn't open the files, said it couldn't find them even though it had the folder they were in pulled up. And yes, the files certainly are there, but Shrink says the path is invalid.

Researching a bit more I found I could rip the disc into a file using DVD Decrypter, then compress with Shrink & back to Decrypter to burn the disc. Same thing: Shrink refuses to open the files. Swearing doesn't seem to help, nor does trying to physically beat the computer into submission.

Certainly, I am doing something wrong & likely immoral, but I don't know what. I run Norton anti-virus everyday, Malware Bytes once a week & pay my taxes. I do smoke cigarettes & drink wine but my computer doesn't know this. Apart from changing my life-style & religion, can anyone help me figure out what I've been doing wrong?

2. belercous

belercous Newbie

What I finally wound up doing was getting Clone DVD, it'll open, rip & burn DVD's that Shrink won't.