1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Tower

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by DKDuPex, Jan 27, 2008.

1. DKDuPex

DKDuPex Member

Hi This is DkDuPex requesting some help

I need to make a 11 bay dvd burner tower but they are outrageously expensive so I need to make one on my own but i do not know how.

Here's what i need to know;
    -What type of mother board i will need
    -What kind of interface i am going to use (ie; ide, sata, etc;)
    -Do i need a panel controller if so how to intall it
    -Do i need a powerfull processor and if so wha is the best or cheapest
    -Where can i get a Case that big
    -Around How Much will it cost me
    -And anything else i need which was not listed

Thank You For Your Help

Cya DKDuPex

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

hope i can be of some help

IDE/ATA are slower and less modern then SATA sata is much faster and allows for better burns, on the flip side you will have to purchase sata drives, which are much more expensive then ATA drives, we are running ATA/IED and i wouldn't upgrade just because it would expensive and for just a little speed bum (faster data rate) i dont see the appeal

well your going to need a case/tower, this is the one we are currently using, it's good for the price , i wouldn't pay more then 280 and i wouldn't pay less then 150
    http://www.copystars.com/12_bay_case-duplicator_case-dvd-cd_1323_prd1.htm
    (dont buy it off that site, slow shipping!!)
    (i think it comes with s PSU, replace it it's probably junk )

your going to need a VERY, VERY GOOD, VERY VERY RELIABLE PSU (OR GPU or UPSU or whatever you want to call it) i think this is the simplest part but most important as well, make sure you get a good one that supports more power then you need, make sure to be generous in your initial power estimates 35-40 per dvd drive, but of course you will find the actual amount labeled on the product details

ya you do, COPYSTARS make good ones i'd suggest one with 128mb of memory that'll allow it to run smother
    http://www.computersunlimited.com/c..._duplicator_controller_10_target_855_prd1.htm

btw:this is the one our competitors down the road are using we are VERY ENVIOUS OF THEM, also spartan pro seems to be quite good
    http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=6904&r=183

hey sammorris help this poor soul out, aren't you a great at dis sh*T

QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, please post back
    -tripplite

3. DKDuPex

DKDuPex Member

i love this forum.... thanks soo much for all your help and i hope this is gonna work

DKDuPex

4. tripplite

tripplite Guest

read some more forums and talk to a few techs, it's important you dont buy crappy equipment, if you have any more questions or problems please come back and ask!
    -tripplite