1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Wizard Pro

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Desooper, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Desooper

Desooper Member

Can any one tell if the program DVD WIZARD PRO works or not, I am interested in coping xbox games and I do have the xbox mod chip, thanks.

2. havingfun

havingfun Member

DVD Wizard Pro is nothing more than repackaged freewares that you can obtain over the internet. If you read their website info little carefully, it provides "INFORMATIONS" on how to copy the Xbox games. It is repeatedly answered over the forums including this one that no stand alone personal computer hardwards/software programs can copy the Xbox games without using FTP method although you can copy PS2 games using computer dvd writer only with many dvd burning softwares out there. So save yourself money and don't buy this software package, instead search the net and dl dvd decrypter and dvd shrink for free. Again, no stand alone computer software/hardware can copy the Xbox games(original store bought) without FTP into Xbox console.

3. Desooper

Desooper Member

I have decrypter and shrink but I guess I am crazy and I just dont understand how to copy the games, can you by chance help me out, thanks.

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

your pc will not recognize the game if you put it in your dvd rom

you need to ftp the game from your xbox to your pc...then use qwix to create an iso image of the game...then you can burn the image with decrypter, nero, or the program of your choice.

5. Desooper

Desooper Member

Where do I or how do I ftp the game from your xbox to your pc...Where do I get qwix to create an iso image and how of the game. Thanks for all your help.

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you don't know how to ftp?

visit xbox-scene.com and read through the tutorials

as for finding qwix....google it

7. Desooper

Desooper Member

Where can I get the program to use ftp

8. Desooper

Desooper Member

can I use Craxtion 4.0.0 to do the FTP, Thanks

9. celtics02

celtics02 Regular member

Nope but you'll need that program to use as an xiso program. Use ipswitch pro as an ftp program.

10. mdsup

mdsup Guest

yes craxtion will allow you to ftp into your xbox...and you can create the iso right there in craxtion.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
  11. havingfun

havingfun Member

Let's see what I can help anyone out there who is trying to copy Xbox games for the first time. Since I was in the similar situation before and I had many helpful hints from this forum.
    Here are things you need before you attempt to copy Xbox games:
    1. Some form of modded Xbox console, (softmod, modchip, etc.) If you have no idea what this is, you really should read as many tuturials on this forums first. It helped me by just reading all those tutorials.
    2. Computer with DVD writer, at least 1 NIC (network interface card).
    3. Need to gather several programs for you to use such as FTP program like FlashFXP, iso creator like Qwix 1.1 or Craxtion 4, any dvd burning program like Nero, Alcohol 120%, or dvd decrypter.
    4. Ethernet cable Cat 5 kind or crossover cable depending how you are going to connect between computer and Xbox console.

I know all these things are confusing at first but as you read the tutorial, it will starting to make some sense. Bottom line is that you must be able to connect successfully between your computer and Xbox console, if you are ever going to make backup Xbox games. So some knowledge about computer networking is necessary for you to understand. If you want to know more about the Xbox modding steps, I recommend the book called "The Black Art of Xbox Mods" by Jonathan Harbour. It is excellent source of information all in one place. However, there are some excellent tutorials on this forums as well, basically some smart people out there figure all these things and placed in the tutorial sections for everyone's benefit if you care to search and look. If you have more specific question as you progress, you will be more likely to get response from somebody. It's time for you to read, read, read, and read. It is very simple to copy PS2 games compare to Xbox game copying process. However, you will have more fun and satisfaction learing how to make Xbox game backup copy. Good luck.

12. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

if you want to copy a BACKUP not an original, you can just use your pc, and do a disc to disc copy, with most programs.
    with a ORIGINAL retail game, you have to ftp, its bollox what any software says, it CANNOT be done. Those adverts piss me off and are misleading.

Ive been doing mods for almost 3 years, and this is what Ive found to work the best.
    (assuming evox is loaded to xbox hdd)

CROSSOVER CABLE (get from cat5cableguy.com)
    direct connected to a pc NIC from xbox
    set

PC nic to (dont use automatic settings)
    ip= 192.168.0.3
    subnet= 255.255.255.0
    (leave default gateway blank)
    close firewalls (or set them to accept the connection)

XBOX
    ip= 192.168.0.1
    subnet= 255.255.255.0
    default gateway= 192.168.1.1

click quick connect on flash fxp
    use the ip 192.168.0.1
    user xbox
    pass xbox
    try the connection
    IF IT DOESNT CONNECT reboot your xbox and try it again

to make your backups, if theyre on disc, the game will be shown on the xbox d:/ drive, the xbox folders are at the right side window in flashfxp
    (MAKE SURE auto start is OFF in the evox menu)
    drag the files to the left side (pc) of flash fxp, to a folder somewhere (easiest thing is make a folder with the game name)
    to make the iso , use QWIX
    easy to use, click create iso, I usually create them to my desktop. Now the ONLY problem with qwix, it doesnt error when it isnt reading the default.xbe (like craxtion does) it will still create the iso, so if yo umake an iso of the game FOLDER and not the CONENTS then it wont work. your xbox must read the default.xbe to boot the game.
    so when you create the iso with qwix, make sure youve double clicked the folder of the game, so you are creating the contents of the folder and not the actual whole folder itself.

I think the BEST burning program to use, is stomp recordnow max, Its the one I always use.
    Ive tried just about every other program, some work well some dont, but stomp is the quickest and easiest to use, and it doesnt error out if youre doing other things on your pc, the buffer on stomp is excellent. As I said too its very easy to use as it only needs 2 clicks, from a very easy wizard type menu
    on stomp, click create dvd, data dvd
    it will ask if you want to make the disc as iso, click yes
    burn away
    for the record
    sony oem dvd-r 4x (sandyyang78 on ebay) work SUPERB on all xbox drives, also ritek g05 are good
    have fun:)
    psst havingfun:) good advice dude;-)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  13. Desooper

Desooper Member

I have a question, I have 2 eathernet cards, one is a gig and the other is a 10/100, I have a router for 2 other computers and I use my gig eathernet card for that, heres my question can I just plug into my 10/100 on my computer right to my xbox with a crossover cable or do I need a rj45 or can that not be done at all, thanks for everything.

14. havingfun

havingfun Member

If you have two NICs in your computer and one of them is free, then you can connect from computer's NIC directly to Xbox using crossover cable. You just have to set the ip address correctly. I have mine setup like that using second NIC in my computer.

15. Desooper

Desooper Member

I dont mean to sound dumb but what is NIC

16. havingfun

havingfun Member

NIC=network interface card, it is the card that hooks up to open slot inside of the computer motherboard. Almost all the new computer has onboard NIC in it. If you look back of your computer, it is the one you connect the ethernet cable or crossover cable to it.

17. Desooper

Desooper Member

I have 2, 1 is on the motherboard and the other is a pci card, The pci is the one I use for internet the one on the motherboard is not in use, I want to hook that right up to xbox with a crossover cable is this correct and can this not be done, thank for you quick reply.

18. havingfun

havingfun Member

Yes, you can use the NIC on motherboard. Once you hook up the crossover cable between computer NIC and Xbox console, you should be able to FTP (transfering files back and forth) once the ip address are correct. If you have a Xenium OS, it has built in FTP capability but I use EvoX dashboard's FTP function when I back up my games.

19. Desooper

Desooper Member

Can you send me a link for downloading evox, thanks

20. havingfun

havingfun Member

I used the Slayer Auto Evox Installer 2.6 to install into my Xbox HDD. It contains not only EvoX dashboard but many other useful applications for Xbox to use. I suggest for you to visit its official website for more info and that will answer many of your potential questions: http://slayer.xbox-scene.com/ and good luck in your new adventure. If you have specific question after you visited its website, ask again in this forum and I am sure someone will be able to help you out in more details. If I can be help, I will do so as well.