1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd won't burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bigdave82, Oct 16, 2002.

1. bigdave82

bigdave82 Guest

i am trying to burn jeepers creepers. i ripped with dvd decrypter all files mode. i went into the folder and deleted the fullscreen vobs and left the widescreen vobs so along with all the other stuff and it is small enough to fit on one dvdr. i played it using ifoedit and it worked fine. (of course u couldn't watch fullscreen but that was the point to downsize) everything else was fine. then i tried to burn it with nero and it says relocation error burn failed. is there a special way i have to remove the unwanted vob files are do i have to do something to all the remaining files. like if u decrypt on iso read u only get on big file. so do i have to convert all the little ones into one big ifo or what. please help me. thanks.

2. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

Are you sure that you have all of the files needed to burn? ie: VIDEO_TS.IFO, .VOB, .BUP.

If the wide screen is in say vts_01_1.VOB - 5.VOB and the full screen version is in a seperate vts file say vts_02_1.VOB then get rid of all the vts_02_*.*** files including .IFO and .BUP.

Edit your remaining files in Ifoedit and then burn.

3. bigdave82

bigdave82 Guest

thanks menmaddi.

4. bigdave82

bigdave82 Guest

hey what do u mean edit my remaining files in ifoedit. they will fit on a dvdr now. do i still have to edit them for it to play in a standalone. thanks

5. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

In order for your DVD-R to play in a stand alone DVD player you need these files:

VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.VOB
    vts_**_*.IFO
    vts_**_*.BUP
    vts_**_*.VOB x as many as you have

If these files total 4.37G or less then your movie will fit on one DVD-R.

You need to load your VIDEO_TS.IFO file into Ifoedit and click remove PUP's. Save it.
    Load up vts_**_*.ifo and click remove PUP's. Save it.
    Load up VIDEO_TS again. click region free. Save it.
    Load up VIDEO_TS again. Click Get VTS sectors. This will automatically resave all your .IFOs.

Now you are ready to burn. Now if Nero gives you an error then you have bigger problems like multi angles or something.
    Don't sweat the help.