1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD won't play on different machine.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Batemanb, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Batemanb

Batemanb Member

Hi guys, first time poster here. I know about compatibility issues with DVD burners/ media etc. but this is a slightly different questio.

Whilst in Japan recently, a friend copied a VHS tape onto DVD for me via his video/ DVD all in one system (model not known). The disk played back perfectly.

Since returning to the UK, I cannot get the DVD to play in any system. I have a multi region box in the lounge, a 100% Japanese PC with DVD ROM and DVD burner
    all bought and installed in Japan. A friend has also tried in their player and PC.

I have been told by someone else that this is a new anti copy/ pirate method, the disk will only play in player that copied it.

Is this true? Have any of you heard of this? Are there any ways around this yet?

If I put the disk in any of my systems, it doesn't even spit it out, just continues to loop and requires the system to be powered off before being able to eject.

Does anyone have any knowledge that can help me get this disk viewable?

Many thanks

Bryan

2. totos

totos Guest

I tdont think I can help you much.

But what seems strange to me is that the copy was made from a VHS so it is impossible that the VHS tape had an anti-piracy protection...

So the extracted video should be normally playing. Did you tested the created DVD to any other system while in Japan? If no, I am afraid you ll have to go a trip to Japan again and make some tests... ;)

3. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

Just a wild guess.
    In Japan or Asia there is a new video format "mpeg4" just came out lately. However most of people on the globe still used video mpeg2 format.