1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD won't play properly

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zany, Apr 10, 2004.

1. zany

zany Member

Hello and Thanks again to you all...I have this problem with quite a few of my copied DVDs! What happens is the dvd will play fine on my Phillips slave drive not my burner but when i try to play it on my home DVD player (not the one in the computer)it plays fine for a while and then begins to click and freeze iv'e tried reloading it and it plays OK but will still click and freeze in a different place..I'm using Ritek discs as iv'e heard there OK.

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

Ritek disks are not guaranteed to play in all standalone dvd players, although they are very compatible with a majority. Have you checked your player for potential compatibility issues?. What brand of Ritek are you using?
    Have you tested you burnt disks for read errors? Have you tried playing the offending disks in a friends dvd player?

Another useful tip is to do a visual check on the blank prior to burning. I have a "photography style" blower brush to remove any dust or larger debris. If these items are not removed the laser can often "burn around" these impurities & the subsequent burnt disk will be useless.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Why are The Samaritans always engaged?[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2004
  3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Not all ritek's are good,you need the ritek go4 dye, ridata/trackdata.(preferably branded)

4. zany

zany Member

I don't think the riteks i used were go4 they were white with no writing... Also how do i check for potential compatibility issues and burnt disks for read errors???????

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi zany
    heres a chart for you:http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

download this:http://www.dvdinfopro.com/
    to check your errors
    good luck
    jim

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  6. zany

zany Member

Just 1 more q as you can see I'm new to all this...Do i need to veriyfy the written data after i have written the dvd