1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy Platinum Won't Burn

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by brobear, Apr 14, 2004.

1. brobear

brobear Guest

DVD X Copy decided to quit working one day for no apparent reason. Unless 321 gave it something when it was in the call home mode. I even deleted the program and reloaded it. The 321 website doesn't activate the way it did before. Now the software recognizes the disc to be recorded, actual disc or emulated, but goes through the recording process and fails to record. Some attempts destroyed the blank +R discs and rendered them unusable and unreadable. Any ideas what happened to the recording function of the DVD X Copy Platinum software?

2. cruester

cruester Member

It's hard to really say what happened, but my advice to you is to get rid of Platinum forever. That program sucks and free software like DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter will work better. I thought Platinum was the best at one time. I was one of the lucky few who never had problems, but when I found this site I never looked back. If you still want help with Platinum, post your PC specs and what version of Platinum you are using. That will help us help you.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

I am well aware of Decryptor, DVD Shrink, Nero, Daemon, DVD 43 and a host of others. Decryptor and Shrink are more flexible, but Platinum X copy does a few things in the advanced settings that the others won't or are difficult to do. I particularly like the ability to record the movie only and retain the scene selection capability. You see, I am only a newbie on this site, sophomoric elsewhere. I was just checking to see if any one had the same problem and had a quick fix. I erased everthing and went back to version 3.2.1.0 with the ripper. I had been using v4.0.5.8 and the new RF (ripper free) version. Someone mentioned software priority and I'm running down that avenue now. I have other recording software and there are known conflicts that sometimes occur. Hope someone comes up with something, or I will grind my way to a resolution the hard way. Thanks.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Forgot to mention 2.8GHz hyperthreading P4 with 1 GB memory, 800Mhz front side bus, 2 hard drives (80 GB and 250 GB Western Digital). Plenty of PC capability with XP Home as the OS. The burner is a Memorex dual format +R/-r/RW running at 4X max dvd burn. The firmware has the latest updates. Other burning software is working, so I don't believe I'm looking at an equipment problem.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

brobear,

We have a forum just for 321 products where the gurus there will probably be able give you more specific answers.

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

Hope this helps :)