1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X copy won't recognise dvd-ram disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by crazy, Jun 28, 2003.

1. crazy

crazy Guest

I was trying my first ever DVD burn with my recently downloaded DVD x Copy. It read it fine , but when i went to burn to a DVD, I tryed the DVD that cam with my LG Burner, which was a DVD-RAM format. It wouldn't recognise this dvd. My burner is also Ram playable. Should I be just using DVD-r's to burn movies. I was trying to copy Spiderman.
    Any help would be appreciated, as i am new to DVD burning, but not burning. Had a CD burner for over 6 years...thanks guys

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If your LG Burner is a DVD-RW then burn w/ DVD-R(RW) , not DVD-Ram or DVD+R(RW) m8 !: )

All DVDXCopy questions should be put to http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/ forum btw..

3. crazy

crazy Guest

Thanks herbsman. IT is called a LG super cd/dvd rewriter ( writes/reads DVD-RAM, DVD-R/Rw, CD-R/RW }....But i will have to wait till i get some cheaper DVD-R disc's to check as they are $10 localy...I know..bullsh*t......but i can order them for $2.50...this is in Australia...damn we are primative here..lol...thanks again

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Ritek G03 are a particularly good buy if you can get them...

I'm a bit spoilt for choice here in England , only problem is they sell out so damn quick sometimes (oh..such woe [bold]lol[/bold])

P.S. I backed up Spiderman using
    DVD Decrypter (free)
    DVD2One ( http://dvd2one.com/ )
    Nero

[The audio stream can be a bit of a bu**er on this particular film...there is about 4 different director/actor commentaries]

[​IMG]