1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2xbox won't load

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TravDude, May 19, 2007.

1. TravDude

TravDude Member

Greetings,

I'm having a problem with my v1.0 xbox running a xenium 24k chip. The bios is the EvolutionX M8, and I'm using the latest verion of the Evox dashboard. I recently installed the dvd2xbox application from the AID4 disc, and it was successful. I went into the "skins" menu to try to change the skin, and the screen went black. I tried to load the app again, and it is not successful. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and clearing the cache, and it still wont work. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

PS. I have a 250 gig hdd, but evox only recognizes 125 gig of it. Is there a fix to this that I am overlooking? Thanks!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

as for the HDD size, is it showing all of your partitions on the Xbox? Like C:, E:, F: and so on.
    and what program did you use to format it, auto installers like AID and Slayer usually have 2 format options, one for retail drives and one for large hard drives. If you did it through your PC with Windows then that may be the problem and some versions have trouble reading HDD's over a certain size when they format them.

With DVD2Xbox, It really should not be a problem to delete the non-working one and install a working version. Eplain how you are attempting to do this.

Usually i would manually do it though FTP. I would go to the DVD2Xbox folder in the apps section, Use a file browser in my dashboard (like UnleashX which has a good one) and i would browse to apps and then into the DVD2Xbox folder. I would then delete all of the files inside of that folder (but leave the actual folder itself alone). Then i would just FTP the new version of DVD2Xbox into that now empty folder. This way all links to the program would still work since the folder name has not changed. If you create a whole new folder, and try accessing it through your dashboard links it would not launch if the folder name did not match because the path in the dashboard file would be wrong.

Example: If the old folder was DVD2Xbox and the new one was dvd2xbox then the dashboard link would not work because the folder name and default xbe name have to match what the dashboard file has exactly to link to the program.

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

The most recent dvd2xbox 0.7.8 for some reason i havent been able to get it working either. I loads but it hangs at the dvd2xbox logo. At this stage i aint a newbie i know whats up and what not. but dvd2xbox is only for direct hard drive transfers if you cant ftp the box. I say copy paste is the best way. If you can ftp, just copy D.

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

the dvd2xbox.xml file needs to be edited.

5. holden619

holden619 Guest

what do you need to edit i have the same problem it stops at the logo

6. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I could post the xml file but its too large. You can obtain them from the last AID 4.10. The problem has been corrected in the lastest dvd2xbox R2.

7. munky_350

munky_350 Member

Mine did the same thing. I went to skins and went to change it to Windows XP skin and it just went black, and now will not load at all. I deleted all of the cache, deleted the dvd2xbox, and FTP'd dvd2xbox back over and it will still not work. All of the other skins worked fine, but when I went to that one (windows xp) it just went black. I've went back through and deleted the windows xp skin and everything and it will still not start up. Had no problems with it before, but just goes to a black screen now when i try to start it up.
    Any Help?
    Did you find a fix to this?
    If so, Let me know.
    Thanks.
    -Brett

8. munky_350

munky_350 Member

Found out the solution to that problem after doing some searching on the internet. Here's what i did to solve it:

Deleted the 'dvd2xbox' save game
    Deleted the folders e:\tdata\0facfac0\ and e:\udata\0facfac0\ using file manager on my xbmc dash.
    Rebooted the box, loaded the dvd2xbox application from xbmc dash and it works fine with the skin back to PM3 (which is the default on this version).