1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD43 question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by oneguy, Nov 10, 2004.

1. oneguy

oneguy Regular member

I am trying a bunch of ways to copy css protected dvds. I downloaded dvd43 from here and then downloaded the free version from it's site because later i read that the older one is free. After I installed it, i tried to use it but a message came up and read "status can't connect to access layer. Patin-couffin must be installed and active." What's the deal? All types of help and tips welcome.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there oneguy, welcome to aD,

The free DVD43 needs the Patin-cauffin drivers to work - install the Patin-cauffin drivers in the same folders as DVD43 and you'll be all set :)

I was going to ask if you tried to "Google" for it BUT, before I asked you, I wanted to make sure you'd find it Soooo, I did a "Google" for "Patin-cauffin" and guess what I found ? I found me at the top of the Search results, Go Figure -

Anyway, since you'd have me anyway ya slice it, Here's a link to the drive layer you need to make DVD43 work - lQQk about 1/2 of the way down the page -

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

Cheers,

Pete

3. oneguy

oneguy Regular member

thanks pete, I downloaded it but because it's so late I'll try it in the morning. So if you care enough, check back within the week to find out how it went.
    BUt if not then thanks anyways for your time and help.

4. oneguy

oneguy Regular member

Alright well I guess I still need help... The cauffin worked but for some reason when I had the dvd in and tried to copy the dvd with css with x copy xpress, nothing happend. I had a green smile but the smile said idle and I don't know if it should. Should the dvd43 be doing something while i'm copying the dvd in xpress or what? Please I'm drowning here.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Oneguy,

When you put the disc in, the face went red, whenit was done (within a few seconds) the face goes back to green and stays there. DVD43 and AnyDVD work "Behind the scenes" - you're not supposed to see them work. You can find all this out by using aD's "search" function.

DVBD43 also doesn't do all discs. DVD Decrypter is the only proggy that does them all, followed by AnyDVD and DVD Shrink followed a bit back by DVD43.

Cheers,

Pete

6. oneguy

oneguy Regular member

Well pete, thats not the news i wanted to hear but if thats how it is... Well I guess that's all the questions, thanks.

7. mimans21

mimans21 Member

petes rite i messed up some DVDs using dvd43 now it only devrpter and shrink

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey Guys,

I wish it were so BUT - what can I do ?

For a "behind the scenes" app, AnyDVD is pretty darn good. It will do almost all of your discs but still not 100% :(

Still, AnyDVD is so good, I use it - the "down" side, it costs $$$ - DVD Decrypter is still Free - - -

Sea Ya

Pete