1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Platinum issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dhardman, Jun 15, 2007.

1. dhardman

dhardman Member

I have issues with playback of dvds in some dvd players. If I play the dvds that I burn with DVDFab Plat in a cheap dvd player like a Symphonic I don't have a problem but when I use a Sony the dvds mess up. They stop, don't play at all or have digital gliches. I don't understand why. First I used Sony or Memorex dvd+R's now I use dvd-R's and I still have the issue. I was using DVDShrink and IMGBurn and those movies played in everything but DVDShrink doesn't work as good as it use to and I get error messages. Can someone tell me what the issue is with DVDFab Plat and the dvd players being so shady?

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Are you still using Sony and Memorex DVDs? If so stop using Memorex altogether. There are some Sonys worth buying, but not many. Try switching to Verbatim, Ritek, or Tayos. Try slowing down your burn speeds too. In 'Common Settings' change speed from max to at most 8x, but if time is not an issue try 4x. But I would highly recommend trying new media. Hope your troubles are soon resolved!

3. dhardman

dhardman Member

Darn it! I have a whole pack of unopened memorex dvd+R. I only have a few Sony dvd+R's left. The ones I have say AccuCORE on them whatever that means. Right now I'm using the TDK dvd-r's. The only one that I've seen that you've mentioned is the Verbatim. I'll get those next time. Thanks!