1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd's not playing on ps2

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by 420master, Jun 17, 2003.

1. 420master

420master Member

Just wanted to know if i was not copying a needed file for playing dvd's on my ps2. The dvd plays on my regular dvd player but not the ps2. Movies that I backup without having to use dvd2one work fine on the ps2. Any segustions would be greatly appreciated.

2. rajsehgal

rajsehgal Member

Yea, it could be the media...I use dvd2one with my ritek g03, and my backups work fine, I haven't had a problem, other posts that I have read say that its usually a media problem. Try different media, I dont know too much about the other part, which also could be the version of your ps2, but thats posted somewhere in the forum.

Raj

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

If you are not copying a file that is needed for playing movies or your PS2? What file is that and if its needed why aren't you copying it?
    Use DVD Shrink for backing up your movies. Also Ritek G03 and G04's are very good for PS2.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Some PS2's need a menu...hence if doing a movie-only back up w/ DVD2One it'll sometimes not play in PS2

DVD Shrink 2.3 will let you leave menu..

I'd give that a try : )

5. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

I have used Maxell, Panasonic, and Ritek G03's on my PS2 all work like a charm. Even RW's work on PS2.

6. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I use Platinum (used some HP and Verbatim) works fine in my PS2.... also even +rw !!