1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'dvdsanta' refuses to play

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by rockter, Mar 7, 2005.

1. rockter

rockter Member

I've got an xvid AVI file I want to burn to DVD to play in a standard DVD Player. But DVDsanta refuses to do it.

Any ideas as to a solution? Oh, and I tried WinAVI too, same problem. Pic below showing problem:-
    [​IMG]

2. woofy1

woofy1 Member

I had this problem a few times in the past. what worked for me was to uninstall santa and install again,,things went smooth after that..nero vision express works really well with these files types, set on one pass you can format and burn in about 1.30hr to 1.45hr for the whole movie to be complete.
    I fyou still have problems with the file, chances are it is corrupt..hope this helps you.

3. rockter

rockter Member

thanks woofy1, my re-install of dvdsanta didn't work, but Nero did!

Thanks again for the info - it got it working!

4. woofy1

woofy1 Member

Hey,, your welcome..glad you got it going..

have fun.

5. new2video

new2video Member

Hi all,

That error message is caused by the xvid.ax driver from DVDSanta.

I am using the DVDSanta 4.0 on a Win XP Pro (no service pack) and DVDSanta 4.0 is the only application install.

I got this error message when I tried to convert an AVI file with a subtitle.

I tried a # of xvid.ax file but no luck.

I am able to do it using TMPGenc software but I ran into another problem which is I have the subtitle but no audio. I think this is a user error.

I find DVDSanta is a good software to use ONLY IF it works and the other problem is their tech support, they don't respond at all.