1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDto1 compression

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Valian, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Valian

Valian Guest

Hi,

I have been using DVDDecrypter to rip, DVDto1 to compress & copydvd to burn. This has worked fine so far.

My question is:

If the ripped files are less than 4.3G (& therfore dont need compressing) can I bypass the DVDto1 stage or not. If I do use DVDto1 does it do any furher compression or does it realise that the files dont need compressing???

thanks

2. totonho03

totonho03 Guest

If the files are less than 4.3 then you can burn directly from decrypter. If you choose dvd2one, I believe that it shoud follow what you have selected on the setting screen.........meaning that if you select 3Gigs, then dvd2one will compress it to three, if you choose 4.3 and if the files are less than 4.3, then there is no compression. I am not 100% sure of this, but I believe that it is the case. If I were to have files that are less than 4.4 G, then I will use decrypter to burn the DVD.

Regards

Totonho03

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2003
  3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

If the size of the output chosen on DVD2One is smaller than the atual size of the movie, no compression will be done. If your DVD ripped movie is less than 4430MB, you will be able to burn it to DVD-R no problem.

Chris

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

As long as you didn't just grab movie-only files in the rip process of course ...