1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCOPY VERSION 5

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by colar11, Jul 6, 2005.

1. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Okay just tried an experiment with Xcopy Express. I ripped the DVD did not put a blank in the burner. The left Xcopy open browsed to the temp file of Xpress. Which was in Documents and Settings, Local Settings, Temp, Xpress found the files and moved them to another folder then closed down Xcopy. You can then take these files and burn them with another program which will burn it at a lower speed.

2. ireland

ireland Active member

arniebear
    all i do is make a folder name it the name of the movie,and move the vidio_ts files in to it...

we do that all the time and use xpress-rf and anydvd which is called simple in platinum.so it has no nag screen.
    and use clonedvd to burn later on..

3. Happy37

Happy37 Member

ireland

@baldbear:-

" As for CloneDVD2 and the one year updates, they have it posted on their site, but it is not enforced. Ireland can tell you more about it. "

Any ideas as to what baldbear means - please either reply to this or let me know in a PM.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Regards

4. Happy37

Happy37 Member

aabbccdd, arniebear, baldbear, ireland and matt72

Hi all - thanks again for all the posts and replies so far.

BTW, just to let you know, and especially Ireland in particular, I received another response today from international.com saying that:-

" That should solve your problems while we are making the fixes to the software. We want to try everything we can to get this to work for you. Otherwise, I can give you a full refund. "

This was the response I had as above when I asked about using a "third-party" ripper like DVD43 with Version 5:-

" I don't understand why you are asking me to download and use a "third-party" ripper such as DVD43 to use with your program.

I don't think that I should have any need to do this because Version 5 has got its own "improved" one, has it not, according to your website?

So why the need to use other programs to achieve what Version 5 is not able to/can't do? "

So, what do you all reckon? - carry on listening to the c**p that they're still dishing out and wait a while longer to see what they come up with, or is it time to get a refund?

Any further ideas and suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

a good place to find 4x blank media is supermedia store.com or meritline.com both have it and i use Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim, Ritek(ridata) is good also

and happy i would not worry about the update thing with CloneDVD 2 i have had it for years with no problems on the updates

6. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning all..in case ye did not know anydvd was updated

ANYDVD 5.4.3.1 UPDATE

5.4.3.1, 2005 09 20

- New: Added support for a new protection as found on
    "Slipstream" R2 (Germany) to the option to remove
    "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
    - Updated languages

http://www.slysoft.com/download/SetupAnyDVD.exe
    web site
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Happy37
    i know all about international pushing dvd43 to get there program to work.and offering a discount to those who bought dvd43.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

No wonder they charge so much for their program, they have to offset the money they are putting out for people to get DVD43.

8. Happy37

Happy37 Member

ireland

Thanks for your reply:-

I already have AnyDVD so why would I need to purchase DVD43, and in my opinion, AnyDVD does a far better job period that what DVD43 does.

I have today asked X Copy International for a refund - will post back and let you all know how I get on.

@baldbear:-

" As for CloneDVD2 and the one year updates, they have it posted on their site, but it is not enforced. Ireland can tell you more about it. "

Any ideas as to what baldbear means - please either reply to this or let me know in a PM, Ireland.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Regards

9. ireland

ireland Active member

10. Happy37

Happy37 Member

aabbccdd, arniebear, baldbear, ireland and matt72 and others

Just to let you all know that this is the final answer that I've received from international.com as I've asked for a refund on Version 5:-

"You have been refunded. Please allow 5 business days for this to post to your account."

So, what now - is it time to move on and look at other products?

Or shall I still keep an eye on DVD X Copy in case they come up with something in future?

Any responses, as always are welcome and will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks to all once again (I rescued myself at just the right time with the refund, I think...)

Regards

11. matt72

matt72 Regular member

@ happy37,

I think with your refund you should invest in the combo of anydvd/ clonedvd. The duo really does work. Clonedvd you can rip just the movie or the entire dvd. Anydvd is a copy circumventing software that will work with most dvd rippers on the market today. You can keep an eye on the xcopy forum and see if eventually they do come out with a program that does exactly what they advertise. Also if you haven't as of yet download the free programs dvd decrypter and dvd shrink from the software section. Those in combination with anydvd with pretty much get any movie out these days. As far as xcopy v5 I have yet to use it but did purchase it..will get around to try it someday as the previous mentioned programs do the job just as well if not better.

12. Happy37

Happy37 Member

matt72

Thanks for the reply:-

As I previously have said, I already own AnyDVD, and I'll wait till the refund comes through to decide what to do from there.

I will keep an eye on the xcopy forum and see if eventually they do come out with a program that does exactly what they advertise. I have already got DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and use those anyway.

DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink in combination with AnyDVD do pretty much any movie out these days. As for X Copy v5, I have to say that the previous mentioned programs do the job just as well if not better.

Will post back in due course and let you know how things develop from here...

Thanks and regards

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yup i agree just go ahead and get CloneDVD 2 since you all ready have anydvd

as far as x copy i would never revist the program again UNLESS they made some magor changes LIKE being able to update the program when new movies come out with new encryption ,being able to re-author and being able to control the burn speed. theses are all very important issues when backing up dvds if you want to do it right.so def. keep this in mind if you reconsider x copy down the road

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2005
  14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@Happy37

I would go ahead and buy Clone, it is easy to use and does everthing which is encodes/compresses and burns. With AnyDVD running it is 1click and the re-authoring capabilities are great. It is worth the money. As for Xcopy I would not hold my breathe if they haven't gotten it together yet they probably won't.

15. davidw001

davidw001 Regular member

I would take the refund, purchase clone and spend the rest on some Ty's! I know I'll be in trouble today when my GF comes home and sees my latest shipment!

16. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  17. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@ireland

Thanks for all the legwork, surfwork in finding out about the upgrade, cheers to the slysoft team for being ahead of the game.

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@ireland

Thanks for all the legwork, surfwork in finding out about the upgrade, cheers to the slysoft team for being ahead of the game.

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yes slyoft is always on top of things and BTW we had two updates this week for anydvd ,first time in over a month

20. gamename

gamename Regular member

i wont be using xcopy unless i get a trial version to test it out.