1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvp 642 - divx no sound on some

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by camar068, Oct 2, 2004.

  1. camar068

    camar068 Member

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2004
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    What I'm trying to do is put all the submarine movies I have on one disc. 2 of the 4 movies I've done dont have sound on my dvp 642, but have it on pc. I've tried using virtual dub to convert the audio with no luck. I've tried this:

    virtual dub - video direct stream, audio full process, no compression.

    tmpeg - select video source and seperate (uncompressed) audio source.

    When I go to do that it looks to save it as an mpeg well over the divx size. I want to keep it divx, just change the audio compression.

    On one movie with no sound G-Spot says: "divx (same as wma) (0x0161) DivX Networks" for audio.

    On one movie with sound G-Spot says: "0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3" for the audio.

    What do I need to do to convert the audio to the second one and still have an avi(divx) file?

    I'm sorry if this is posted, I've looked and tried.....pulling my hair out cuz I have about 10 movies that are like this.

    Thanks In Advance
    Camaro
     
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2004
  2. Jefros

    Jefros Member

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    If it was me I would try virtual dub - video direct stream, audio full processing mode, Compression, MPEG-layer 3...and save this as avi. This way your video should be untouched and your audio should be compressed into something the 642 can play.
     
  3. camar068

    camar068 Member

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2004
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    I had been trying that with no luck. I finally tried it again, but in the conversion section changed it from no change (44100Hz) to 48000Hz....it works great now. Only takes about 10 minutes to convert. Saves me the hassle of starting from scratch on a few.
     
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2004

Share This Page