1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR-A06U - Buy or not to Buy - Read inside

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by tomq, Sep 14, 2003.

1. tomq

tomq Member

I have received my A06 (retail version)
    Upgraded the firware to 1.07
    Burned 1 DVD movie with DVD-Decrypter - absolutely loveing it!!!

Do not use DVD X Copy XPress Trial - piece of crap! It backs up DVDs but then i can't watch a movie 'coz it has video/sound "delays", glitches.
    I used the same media for both movies.

cheers

2. WDM2MPEG

WDM2MPEG Member

tomq: I had a similar problem (video/sound glitches) with the Pinnacle Studio 8. It was an officially bought software installed from its original CD, and it was behaving like a piece of crap, you could not believe it won several Emmy awards.

I have downloaded and installed appropriate patches from Pinnacle's web site, and it solved all the problems. My computer has an AMD processor, and it seems that they have not tested the version on their retail CD on other processors than Intel. So, it may appear that your DVDCopyXPress just needs a patch like my Pinnacle did.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2003
  3. tomq

tomq Member

i better off with DVD Decrypter works great.
    So far i'm very satisified A06 user - thumbs up!

Now i need to find out how to make my cdrw-dvd combo Toshiba SD-R1102 read at x8, coz it rips dvds only at x2.5 :((

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

5. WDM2MPEG

WDM2MPEG Member

Have you heard a story about a guy who attempted to cure his illnesses according to medical books and it went fine until he was killed by a typo? Something similar may happen when you take a firmware from a third party web site, just because typos are possible everywhere, and in html the typo means you download a wrong firmware file, not intended for your hardware, and there is nobody to blame when your hardware dies of it.

You think the html typos are a rare thing? Then - an example: to find an html typo on the web page referenced by Rotary (http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=3&manufactor=31), you do not have to seek farther than the very beginning of the page. It is literally the following (reproduced exactly as it was on the web page, no omissions made by mine).

That is why I use the firmware [bold]only[/bold] obtained directly from the original manufacturer of the hardware, making an exception for a very few third party web sites just because that few web sites are famous for their extremely thorough attitude.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2003
  6. tomq

tomq Member

yoe,

so, if i'll upgrade the firmware from the links provided above the combo drive will rip @ x8?

yea, i already read horror stories about fried drives - scary shiznit LOL