1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAC is Great But.................................

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dornay, Jan 17, 2003.

1. dornay

dornay Guest

I have done a wee experiment comparing EAC to a few other Rippers. By far EAC provides the highest quality.

The problem is that I continually get error messages when I alt-G to get album details.

I hate to say it but Windows Media Player (for XP) downlaoded album info so seamlessly it made me sick.

Does anyone have ideas how this can be corrected?

Thankyou

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

What is the error message?

3. dornay

dornay Guest

Thank you for the note (what is the error message?). The Error Message was "Server Error"

I worked on it for hours last night using your Site as a source of links. On another message board (can't remember which one but I linked from yours)I found there were a number of problems of the exact same nature as mine.

I finally "discovered" the solution by "screwing around". In EAC I went to EAC at the top left opened the dropdown panels - then opened the dropdown panel for freedb/database option - First I entered my Email address - the one in there was in Germany (I think) then to the "freedb tab" there is a list of addresses. I kept trying the different addresses until one worked.

So this worked for me so hopefully others can use this for their benefit.

4. gavorney

gavorney Member

I have the same "Server Error" problem with EAC. It started about a week ago, and I am now unable to download any track info.

5. gavorney

gavorney Member