1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy AVI MPEG to DVD help please!!!!!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by krnxdanny, Aug 21, 2007.

1. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Beth06..Have U ever rented a MOVIE:The chapters are [push the next bttn on your remote to skip forward]
    Find a program called IMGBURN !!It will burn U a Perfect Georgia Rule DVD that is noe ISO [ISO is just another way of storing your Video as a complete file]that will play fine with chapters every 5 mins..Does not meen it will stop.U will be able to skip forward every 5 min with your remote
    Forget about ISO BUSTER FOR NOW..learn this program first
    U can right click on your ISO,go to properties,click on open with,search ,find imgburn.exe-click on that,click OK.Everything will close.Then just dbl click your ISO & IMGBURN will open with your movie..All U gotta do is select burn
    Yes U use 2 programs 1 to make your movie 1 to burn your movie

2. Beth06

Beth06 Member

thanks everyone for your help but i was able to get Nero Visionexpress.although its not mpeg-4,it burned Georgia Rule,OTH season 4 1-4 and now a barbie movie and i'm fine with this.

i MIGHT look into trying to use this program again...i don't know but tanks for your help.

3. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Beth06..What happened to your menus ?
    DVD's are not npeg 4 they are Mpeg 2
    mpeg 4 are AVI's,of which U can put 5 or 6 movies on 1 DVD

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  4. Beth06

Beth06 Member

well,cause my AVIs are being burned on a DVD disc using Nerovision express 3 and they are transcoding,etc... so 4 episods of One Tree Hill that are HDTV AVI will fit but has to be down to longplay...to fit on a 4.7gb disc as nero tells me...and that they have to be done in Mpeg2 and not mpeg4 cause i don't have that kind of Nero or something.

5. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Beth06..If U just want to convert them,so they play on a regular DVD Player.Go to the software section & find VSO DivXtoDVD its free,I think I gave a link back a few pages.Just be careful they are in the order U want.All U have to do is open VSO,open explorer go to your AVI's & drag them in 1 at a time,while your gaining confidence.Pick a place to save your Movie & hit convert.THE WHOLE PROCESS WILL TAKE ABOUT 1 1/2 Hrs on a fast computer or real time on a slow one
    This little program will actually setup 4 segments on the disc so U can go to ea Episodes beginning on the Disc with your remote.This is by far the best program for TV Episodes
    Now like most,we have bought DivX DVD Players,they run about 40bucks.Now with these players U can put 12 Episodes on ea Disc,just as they are[AVI]& PLAY THEM ON YOUR TV.Saves room cause all U need is 2 Discs for all 24 Episodes.Whereas U NEED 6 Discs for the average series
    U can stretch 5 Episodes to ea Disc & they look OK..But thats still 5 Discs..If U use cases like I do,thats 1 Dbl Cs & Label per Episode

6. Beth06

Beth06 Member

i have a divx dvd player,i could never live without mine.

its fine cause i don't mind how i'm able to make my clips now that i finally got a nero program that will transcode,etc...if i feel like going into this subject program again when i can really sit down and do that.

7. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  8. Beth06

Beth06 Member

cause i'm playing my dvds in my dvd recorder and it doesn't have divx on it... :)

Great,now my super dvd copy is having errors and i ws wondering if anyone out there knows a good*and free*dvd copying program for copy protected dvds?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  9. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Beth06..D/L..DVD43...D/L DVD SHRINK
    If U know how to torrent..U can find CloneDVD2..IT rips and burns
    But no matter what U use U will still need small programs like AnyDVD or DVD43,running in the background
    DVD Fabdecrypter is another
    Just Google
    Ya know what U could do !!! Hook up your Divx Player to your DVD Recorder..That would surely cure your conversion problems

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2007
  10. Beth06

Beth06 Member

man this is getting mroe confusing every day...i thought i'd be good now with a nero program for my avis and a copy program for my movies i rent...now with that not working ugh.

i wanted a easy copy program that i didn't have to do a whole bunch a stuff..i wanted to keep EVERYTHING menu and all...

11. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Beth06..Can U READ..LOOK at my last post DVDSHRINK meneus & all YES U can keep..But U need one of those little prog to remove any protection that might impair ripping your DVD.Incidently it is illegal to copy Movies U rent,not a good idea to post like that.Me personally I make backups of Movies I bought,just to preserve the original.They run in the back ground.They will start everytime your computer starts
    Please learn how to read and give these Programs a try.Everything U want to do is very,very simple.But U gotta read & read & read again till U got it..Learn the programs !!!!

12. Beth06

Beth06 Member

i got anydvd but ended up being a ripper... i wanna get clonedvd or wahtever on frostwire cause i saw a screenshot that it copies dvds...

i'm very hard on when trying to use a program i've never used before....

i need tutorials.i'm awful when it comes to thse things like i said.

13. Beth06

Beth06 Member

Hi!
    Ok,i want to tell you the Hell i had today with just trying to make a movie.

First off,i downloaded anydvd...which i thought was to work on my computer for when i do a copying movie.well,it ended up being a ripper so it ripped into a file on my external HD.I tried to use those files to import on Nerovision express 3 to make a movie.
    It started working but froze so i clicked out.it Then told me that that something was full and couldn't and something like that i don't know...
    this is all after i deleted all the files from ANYdvd did and started with DVD encrypter that i have....

SO,i tried to use these SAME exact Files in my NTI cd and dvd maker,and this is what i get:

[​IMG]

and i want to apologize to the admins and mods there if i am talking in a topic that is not related orginally to the topic.
    im still fairly new here and want to thank anyone who has tried to help me in the beginning...i'm just really stupid and don't know alot but to anyone that can help me its greatly appreciated and won't go to waste.
    also want to mention that my computer gave me a hardware malfunction error today and i had to go to my computer shop cause i have 2 title files from when i tried to copy with super dvd copy and the files was saved in a folder and kept wanting to do a windows explorer error and wanted to shut it down even when i click on the folder ONE time.so i have 2 huge files on my external HD i can't remove even in safe mode.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  14. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Beth06..There again Your not reading..DVD Shrink..U have to reduce the size of the movie,Shrink does that as it rips..It cannot be over 4.36Gigs in size..U don't have to Re-Encode a movie.Once its on your harddrive through shrink,just open Nero burning Rom.Select all the files in the VIDEO_TS and drag them into the second column from the left in nerojust hit burn and your off.Any dvd is a ripper to,but I think it rips your movei in its original size,which is to big.highlight all the files & right click mouse,check properties,if its more then 4.36,ya need to shrink
    Again read and pay ATTENTION.EVERYBODY HEAR HAS BEEN in the same position at one time or the other
    Forgot in Shrink just go to Backup does the whole movie.This is a guide.took me 1 min to find it at GOOGLE
    A bunch of guides
    http://www.videohelp.com/guides/category/how-to-backup-dvd-to-dvd-r-w-basic-6;30#897
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/how_to_copy_dvd_with_dvd_shrink.cfm
    http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/16/59/

15. Beth06

Beth06 Member

well i'm thinking of trying dvd shrink now... it IS free right?cause i'm so tird of trting to download torrent apps right now...

so i use DVDshrink FIRST then what..i apologize i'm just so tird right now... i just want to have ONE successful copy right now thats all i beg lol

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  16. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Beth06
    QUOTE!so i use DVDshrink FIRST then what..i apologize i'm just so tird right now... i just want to have ONE successful copy right now thats all i beg lol
    Holy shit man did U follow any of those links I gave U.AllU need to do is learn

17. Beth06

Beth06 Member

all this stuffis just to complicated for me...lets just say things are hard for me cause my computer is a ass...im a tutorial girl..but so far 2 programs have NOT worked right for me...i'm trying DVD rebuilder whatever the heck it is.

18. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Beth06..Why are U so adament on using program other then the ones suggested DVD43 or AnyDVD are a nesseity they are silent programs that run in the back ground U don't have to do anything to them
    DVD43 will be a little smiley face or a little devil
    AnyDVD will be a red fox
    Either of these will show up on your computer down at the bottom right of your computer.If they are there thats all U have to do
    DVD Shrink reads the DVD in your DVD Drive..It copies it to your hard drive in the proper size
    Then all U gotta do is Burn it..That it U got a DVD that will play on any player
    P.S. Are U a Blond? How old are U? Are U still in School ? Grade School,High School,College,what
    Hears a link to an automated instruction to using DVD Shrink,all U have to do is find the purple arrow that says next & left click your mouse
    highlight this link and paste it in another window if U can't just Dbbl click on it
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/reauthor_basic.php
    Keep the Window open while U try
    If U NOTICE THERE ARE 2 TABS to the left of the purple pointer
    Full Disk this means to do the whole thing... Re-Author means just the movie

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2007
  19. Beth06

Beth06 Member

Beth06..Why are U so adament on using program other then the ones suggested DVD43 or AnyDVD are a nesseity they are silent programs that run in the back ground U don't have to do anything to them
    DVD43 will be a little smiley face or a little devil
    AnyDVD will be a red fox
    i have used ANYDVD but its a RIPPER not a program that runs in the background...unless i got the wrong ANYDVD then...but this one was a fox and i downloaded it somewhere and its what screwed my files up.
    Either of these will show up on your computer down at the bottom right of your computer.If they are there thats all U have to do
    DVD Shrink reads the DVD in your DVD Drive..It copies it to your hard drive in the proper size
    Then all U gotta do is Burn it..That it U got a DVD that will play on any player
    P.S. Are U a Blond? How old are U? Are U still in School ? Grade School,High School,College,what
    im 21 1/2 almost 22 in a few weeks,i just don't understand these frigin programs that well and i have a hard time understanding WHEN it won't work RIGHT when i TRY them right...i'm stupid but not to a point where i can't do anything right..the instructions are just too complicated eithe that or the programs don't like my computer!

20. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Beth06..AnyDVD is a Ripper only if U click on the little fox.So don't do anything with it just leave it alone,let it stay down in the corner.If U use it to copy your Movie,it will be the whole Disc,and more then likely to big to burn to a DVD.All it did was remove the Copy ProtectionIt will do what it has to do Automaticaly,and you won't even notice.BY the By AnyDVD did not screw up your files.Due to the fact U know its a ripper,that mean U know how to use the right mouse button
    Now that one link I gave U to DVD Shrink is automated,very little reading,its pictorial.Did U notice that!!All U have to do is look at the pictures,and do exactly the same thing...YOUR QUOTE:i'm stupid but not to a point where i can't do anything right.You can understand Pictures can't U.
    Do U have one of those Cell Phones that give U free Long Distance
    If U Do and U would like a little vocal tutoring.I'll PM U and give U my # and U can call me
    This is what it should look like
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.VOB 5,948 ....This one will vary in size somewhat
    VTS_01_1.VOB 1048,574
    VTS_01_2.VOB 1048,574
    VTS_01_3.VOB 1048,574
    VTS_01_4.VOB 1048,574
    VTS_01_5.VOB 377,486
    If its any bigger it won't BURN