1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy cropping and convert to x264

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by CuFk, Feb 1, 2008.

1. CuFk

CuFk Member

Hey guys!

I have been trying to get this sorted out for a while now. What I want to do is to take an .vob music video and covert it to x264 but with some other changes as well.

As you might have seen in .vob files there are usually black frames surrounding the image, I would like to get rid of those. I have a 42" LCD TV and would like to get the image to fill the screen without the black frames. So what I'm looking for is an software that easily can crop the videos and then convert the video into x.264 format.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

Fairuse lite editition is excellent for cropping the black bars off of videos. It also has a setting for outputting tv friendly resolutions only. All the videos I've converted with this program fill the entire screen on my 27'' flatscreen LCD with no blackbars.

The only drawback is your VOB's have to be in an ISO format. Fairuse only converts DVD ISO's. It does have a setting to convert to H264/xvid/divx, I've only used the Xvid format and that works great.

http://www.fairusewizard.com/lang_en/fairuse_wizard_dvd_divx_xvid_backup_tool_light_edition.html

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member