1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

edit scenes recorded via Panasonic VDR-M50?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by liquid6, Nov 28, 2004.

1. liquid6

liquid6 Guest

Hello I have a Panasonics VDr-M50 camcorder and have recorded a lot of video onto a Sony DVD-R disk. I have no problem viewing the video (each seperate frame/scene) on the camcoder. However, what I want to do is download all of the SEPERATE scenes onto my computer so that I can edit them. I have tried to do this via the supplied software (DVD-movieAlbum) and also tried to download it in Studio-8. When I hook the camcorder up to the computer via the USB cable it finds it and assigns it a drive letter, however it gives me an error when I try to open that particular drive. I have also tried to "finialize" the disk, which I can do with no problem and watch it in any DVD player. I have also been able to use DVD shrink to copy the entire movie to my hard drive. However, I am still unable to edit the individual scenes. Can someone PLEASE point me in the right direction. Tell me how to d/l the scenes prior to finalizing the disk or how to open individual scenes after finalizing the disk. What do I do? Am I doing something wrong? Am I using the wrong disk? HELP! THANKS!!

2. Streamcod

Streamcod Member

well you need to use IEEE-1397 'firewire' , USb connection is just for transfer pictures been taken in DSC-mode.

3. jenordway

jenordway Member

Did you use the Firewire and did it work? I am having the same problems.

4. liquid6

liquid6 Guest

Unfortunatly I do not have a firewire port so was unable to try it. I did however purchase some DVD-RW disks and am going to see if I can transfer the video from them. If my memory serves me right I was able to transfer video from a RW disk when I first purchased the camcorder. Later this evening I will try to transfer all of my holiday video from the RW. I will let you know if it works.

5. jenordway

jenordway Member

I have tried the RW as well and it seems if there is not a lot saved on the disk I can download it but if it's full, it's too much for the USB.