1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing DVD's

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by blueandy, Mar 6, 2005.

1. blueandy

blueandy Member

I backed up a quantity of personal VHS tapes onto DVD recently, using an external vhs/dvd recorder and all worked fine.

Now I'm giving some thought to such things as:

Adding sound to the recording
    Editing out some of the film clips
    Inserting others from a second dvd etc

Obviously I know that ultimately I will need to reburn a second DVD, but I wonder what software I should be using to do the editing.

Presumably in the first instance I would copy the dvd to computer using Shrink, but what do I use from there ?

thanks

2. mikeyt110

mikeyt110 Member

Hi blueandy.

Being new to this game, I'm not exactly sure how good my advice is, but I have roughly done the same using Nero 6 - reloaded.

With the recode bit, you can drop from a dvd onto your harddrive, and then using vision express 3 create a dvd-video, or movie, where you can insert your files and edit them to your hearts content. While editing, you can also add your own background audio, and also insert text as well.

I do have one or two problems with editing myself, for which I have posted a question here for, but I have not had any answers as yet.

hope this helps out a bit.

Mike