1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

encoding too long

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tpknokia, Apr 21, 2005.

1. tpknokia

tpknokia Guest

i had a plextor 716a for awhile now, before it only take about 20 mins to encode a movies, lately its been over an hour. any1 knows what going on?

2. clickclak

clickclak Guest

it has nothing to do with what dvd drive you have
    the only thing that will affect is burning speed.

it matters on the size of the movie, quality, and about 50 other factors..

20 minutes sounds WAY too short. i've never encoded anything in 20 minutes.

3. clickclak

clickclak Guest

btw; i have the px-716a too and it PWNS

i've never had a dvd take longer than 8 minutes to burn, and the Plextools DVD Quality check is SMOOOOOTH

4. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Sounds like you have gone from DMA to PIO mode. In xp device manager,IDE controllers primary and secondary go to properties on both, advance settings. Make sure current transfer mode says DMA. I run Decrypter in file mode about 12 to 15 minutes. DVD shrink depends on how much your compresing. With no compression about 5 minutes with compression about 10 to 12 minutes. Speed of both of these programs exspecially shrink will depend on processor speed and memory.

Good Luck

Spacedust

5. tpknokia

tpknokia Guest

my current transfer mode on the Primary IDE is Ultra DMA Mode 5, my secondary Ide Channel Current transfer mode is PIO Mode for device 0. I try to change it to Dma but its not working. Any suggestion?

6. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

goto the one where its in PIO mode and unistall it and then reboot it will set it all back up automaticly btw i can encode a movie in 10 -15 mins but i have a philips xD