1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

encoding with tmpgenc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by insearch, Aug 24, 2002.

1. insearch

insearch Member

hi, i am using tmpgenc to encode .avi video files into mpeg and met with success on my first attempt. But it seems now, certain avi's i encode have a light purple haze that comes through, then it clears, and returns again. Has anyone experienced something similar to this. The original avi is good quality, but the mpeg version, has this effect which carries over when burned to a vcd. This happens with only some avi's I encode, while others come out fine. Any information is greatly appreciated. thanks

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

insearch what codec are you using I had that problem when I had angelpotion codecs installed on my computer....I uninstalled them and installed divx codecs 3,4,and 5 and things have worked out alot better........no more purple haze as I like to call it.....

3. insearch

insearch Member

thanks wonderboy, i do have angelpotion on my computer as well, ill remove and see how it works out.

4. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

you might want to see if your movie file is from tmd or smr sometimes you need their patch in order to get rid of that purple haze