1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson Print CD driver no where to be found for R265

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by diadesign, Jun 9, 2007.

1. diadesign

diadesign Member

First, I spent all night looking in forums, Australian and Russian websites all to fix this "That driver is not installed for the printer to print to CDs". This is the whole reason I bought this printer--because it is supposed to print to CDs! I am so upset having spent hours of my time wasted looking for software that should have come on the installation cd! Can someone please help me. I have even tried the adobe photo shop templates, but when I go to print, it says,"close the cd tray, so this can print to paper"....

2. 56delray

56delray Regular member

3. tandlee

tandlee Member

Im having exactly the same problem with an epson r265

I running xp , installed the software supplied with the printer , i then got the error message missing PICSDK.dll , i got this file that was missing of the net and placed it inside thw windows system32 folder and now it does start and i can print normal sheets of paper yet try and print a cd and you get the error epson printer drivers dealing with cd printing not installed . I have updated all the drivers and software from the epson website and still nothing

Any help would be really appreciated as the link above is dead

Thank you inadvance

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  4. terrox

terrox Member

Right click My Computer, select Manage.
    Go to Services and Applications
    Go to Services
    Scroll down to Print Spooler service
    Make sure it is started.

Sometimes you may decide to optimise your computer and disabled a lot of useless services. This is one, but you need it running to be able to Print!

Maybe you don't need it if "Spool Documents so program finishes printing faster" is not selected. Dunno.

If you want your defaults to be not adjusted you should also select ICM - No colour management in your printing preference defaults. And set Photo as your default Quality while you're there. Don't do Borderless as default because it slightly stretches your pages to do that.

5. micl1

micl1 Guest

I had a similar problem with my C62 and just contacted the Epson website staff and they gave me a new download and the printer runs fine now