1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error 1606 when installing Motorola mobil phone tools 3

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by zombieman, Jan 19, 2005.

1. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

has anyone else gotten this error? I already have the software installed but have misplaced my disk now. Ive been trying to find a download of the software and have found about 8 different ones. However I continually get the same error upon clicking on the .exe file to install. It gives the error before any percent of install ( error message 1606. could not access network location )

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  2. yacht_boy

yacht_boy Member

After days and days of screwing around with Phone Tools in all its versions and bugginess, I just discovered mobiledit. There is a free lite version and after a little screwing around, I've got it working flawlessly with my Motorola V505.

It's mentioned elsewhere here on the forums, but not extensively enough, so I'm doing some proselytizing. Looks like it will do everything that Phone Tools will, only it actually works!

Go to www.mobiledit.com, make sure that your phone is supported (no Symbian OS support yet), and download the free software (or, if you like it, buy the full version).

Using Motorola phones? Save yourself some trouble and click this link: http://forum.mobiledit.com/viewtopic.php?t=132

Skip phone tools--go for something that works!

Yacht_Boy

3. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

thanks for the response. I ment to post this earlier and forgot a had posted the request for help on this error message. I found out that the problem was within my registry. Norton deleted a portion of my registry that corrupted my user logon account. It was as simple of a fix as creating another user account as the adminster and deleting the old account. just thought i would post my finding for anyone else that my get the same error message in the future.

4. ppc127

ppc127 Member

Hey Zombieman where were those sites to download the version 3 of Motorola Mobile Phone Tools? I have the second version and it's corrupt I needed to fix it but to no avail.

5. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

you can find it on just about any p2p for download. I been using limewire, and bittorrent. However limewire is alot easier to understand.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005