1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error: blue screen Help

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by lfcnathan, May 22, 2007.

1. lfcnathan

lfcnathan Regular member

Hi, recently i found out that itunes wasnt recognising my burner or software. In attempt to solve this i downloaded the latest update for my nec 3550a burner. After installing this and restarting my computer i encountered a blue screen.
    In attempt to fix this is did a system restore to a few days back. It seemed to have solved it until today. I turned my computer on, it loaded and then the blue screen came on.
    My dvd rw drive and cd rom drive are both set to master. Should 1 be slave ?
    What should my system use to boot ? Hardrive, dvd rom etc.

On the blue screen it says :
    Check to make sure any new hardware and software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufactorer for any windows updates you may need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disbable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

TECH INFO: ***STOP: 0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x80545ff0, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)

Please, can somebody help me.

thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum