1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error copying DVD from Australia

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sioj714, Apr 5, 2005.

1. sioj714

sioj714 Guest

I played the purchased DVD on my player and got tons of lines, etc. so I used DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 and DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 to create copy. I copied only the main movie and performed deep analysis. When I played it on my standalone, it appeared the same as the original. Can you please help me to figure out how to make this work? This movie is not availabe on DVD in the USA and I really would prefer to have it on DVD.

2. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

sounds like the issue is that in USA you use NTSC wheras UK, Jap & Australasia use PAL.

PCs dont notice the difference whereas TVs etc do.

i would guess your tv/dvd player cant handle PAL properly?

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

if you go backwards and transfer the dvd back to an avi, then re convert it using something like avi2mpeg by cucusoft that program will allow you to re convert the file into ntsc .Then all you technically have to do is re burn the converted file to another dvd and it should play fine.

4. sioj714

sioj714 Guest

Thanks for your help. I read last night to use AnyDVD & CloneDVD - didn't work. I'll let you know how it goes.

5. sioj714

sioj714 Guest

I used Xilisoft DVD Ripper and could only do 5 minutes with the free version. The .avi is good. I converted the .avi to ntsc with VSO DivXtoDVD and burned with their burning program - CopyToDVD, so that it would go to the burning process automatically. I put the disc in my player and it spins and won't read. Help? Do I need to purchase, install or do something different?

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i dont use copytodvd.After the file is encoded with divx to dvd i normally use tmpgenc dvd author to add menus and just polish it up a bit before it utlises nero as the burning agent