1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error E:/

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by camarienz, Apr 2, 2005.

1. camarienz

camarienz Guest

Downloaded shrink and decryter ,burned some DVD either using shrink or decryter except one move :Double Jeopardy both programs at 18% convert/analize stage come up with message E:/ (representing drive) Error reading disc )Cyclic disc error ...any tips here

Also downloaded Alcohol 120% same disc comes up with message :disc is copy protected etc.I skip this and go on with the process and again at 18% convert it displays the disc error message similar to decrpter and shrink

Thanks for taking the time Cheers from Downunder

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi camarienz, welcome to aD,

A CRC error on an original disc is one of 2 things:

1. The disc is dirty. Use a commercial disc cleaner. They are available from about $14.00 (USD) from Tandy, Radio Shack, etc. OR you can clean it with alcohol and a soft cloth rubbibg from the center outward.

2. The disc may be damaged.
    Scratched where it cannot be seen Scratched so much you can see it OR it could be a disc with a factory blemish.

Let's take a moment to fine-tune your DVD Decrypter's settings. First, it should be version 3.5.2.0. Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove IFO/BUP PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove IFO/BUP PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with lightly scratched discs which may cause reading problems. We're now finished with our settings here so click "OK." There's no reason to change these settings. DVDD is good ripper right out of the box, all we did is to give it some "teeth." (Lol :)

Under "Mode" we have a choice of either File or ISO Read to rip our DVD. I like to try it in the "File" Mode. We want to create a folder named VIDEO_TS (written like that ~> case sensitive) as a destination location.

Then pick it up using DVD Shrink "Open Files" and process as usual. The main page S/B self explanatory - Now, go rip our happy heart out - :)

OK, iffin you need a new version (Jan. 05, '05)
    Here it is -
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Report back on your progress,

Cheers,

Pete

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  3. camarienz

camarienz Guest

Hi Pete and many many thanks for taking the time for you experienced tuition...at the risk of sounding like a dummy to set up a file ~>VIDEO_TS my file manager is not allowing me to add the (>) in the file name. I have decrpted the DVD referred in my original question and is now in the local disk as a MDS file.
    and of course shrink does not detect this file so I thught I could just drag and drop this file into ~>VIDEO_TS if my file manager would let me ......more than likely its computer dummy me doing it wrong ....your help greatly appreciated ..Oh my version is 3.5.4.0

Cheers Cameron
    Auckland
    New Zealand

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

you only need VIDEO_TS not the ~> part!

dvd decrypter will make an mds and an iso you need to load the iso to shrink! this is for iso read mode!

now all my DD settings are default install ones! except! i turn off creation of mds file so it only makes iso in iso read mode

dvd shrink can load iso or files ripped in file mode!

i think but not sure if you make an mds file thats all you will see in folder!??? but i think the iso should be there?

DVD-9 -> DVD±R
    using only free software

http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?s=222f776059fee23075b075214428f07f&showtopic=7984

5. camarienz

camarienz Guest

Hi Pete....Success!!!! got to work ,rip and burn...only did it slightly different to your way .
    Shrink kept giving me error: Failed to open file C:\VDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
    "The system cannot find the file specified" even though I dropped down this file in shrink open file and clicked on .....so anyway I downloaded Daemeon Tools put the IFO file into a virtual drive and shrink picked uo that file and the rest is history.

Thankyou so much again for your guidance ,I feel like an older version of a computer wiz kid.

Cheers
    Cameron

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Cameron,

Ripping in the IFO mode leads to too much work and a higher chance of errors. By adding additional steps it only adds to places where more can go wrong.

Perhaps printing out the guide first so that you can follow along would be better -

Rip the DVD in the Mode - File, NOT Mode - IFO.

(Cameron, you have to be smart enough to not type in every bit of punction you come across. That way the guides in my sig will make sense)

I have no idea where you got -

You were to make a folder and call it VIDEO_TS

also,

There is no reason to eliminate the Mds file as when burning with DVDD it truly LOVES Mds files (which, BTW,are together with the ISO image.) As a matter of fact, the older DVDD versions used to put up a sign when you clicked on the ISO Image rather than the Mds file.

As for the settings, I like the following when fine-tuning my DVD Decrypter's settings.

First, it should be version 3.5.2.0. Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove IFO/BUP PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove IFO/BUP PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with lightly scratched discs which may cause reading problems. We're now finished with our settings here so click "OK." There's no reason to change these settings. DVDD is good ripper right out of the box, all we did is to give it some "teeth." (Lol :)

Cheers,

Pete

7. camarienz

camarienz Guest

Thanks a bunch Pete, did exactly as you instructed, this time ,(different DVD), shrink picked up the file (No problems) VIDEO_TS, and then I even re-authored, no problems...might I add what a great site and even better programs

All the best
    Cameron

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

There ya go . . . I knew you'd get it :)

I'm glad that your problem has been solved. It's what we're here for BUT let's not think about saying "Goodbye" just yet -
    We'd still like you to stop by and visit even when you don't have problems you need help with - "Pop" in when you can and cruise around the different forums. You never know when we might have something that can make your computer work a little easier. You might pickup some valuable tips to boot. Checkout the "Safety Valve", it's a place where we "Chew the fat" on just about every topic under the sun. Heck, check out our forums on CD's, PS2's, X-box or Gamecube topics, Digital Camcorders, Photography, Home Theater components – it's all there.

As an extra added bonus, when you see another person with a problem and you feel you might know something that could help, join in. As the Ogre said to the Cyclops, " Three heads are better than two." (Lol) You'll then see how much fun we have helping others. As a current member of our little club you can welcome the new guys in ~

We'll look forward to seeing you. "Me ?" You'll find me hangin' out over there by the water cooler, sittin' under the potted palm with my feet propped up, sipping on a "cold one", waiting for the next "Newbie" with a problem that I can help them with - maybe you'd like to join me . . . ? I'll be lQQkin for you ~ ~>

As the old underwater saying goes, "I'll be Sea'n you ~ ~"
    Pete ;p)

9. camarienz

camarienz Guest

thanks again Pete, and on that note in the previous reply does this system copy XBOX games????

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Though I don't "do" games I believe that games unlike DVD's must be done in a 1:1 backup, no compression allowed.

What I am sure of is, as long as you use DVD Decrypter in the ISO Mode, then burn to disc in the ISO Write Mode you'll be good to go.

I suggest you try our "XBox" Forum for the best information -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/118

Cheers,

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005