1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error in Nero loading CUE files

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by shogun847, Apr 11, 2003.

1. shogun847

shogun847 Guest

ok, I followed the steps on http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/bin_cue_with_nero.cfm but when I got to the part where I load the .CUE file in Nero I get 2 errors #1 Cannot open the file C:\Windows\Desktop\image.bin then after I click ok I get this: An error occurred while loading the cue sheet file 'C:\windows\desktop\image.cue' (Line 1) Could some one help me with this? It would mean a lot, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2003
  2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

This is a very well known error (did you search the forum?). You have to edit the CUE file because it has written a bad path for the image file.

Open the CUE with Notepad. You should read something like:

FILE "C:\Windows\Desktop\image.bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

I assume that the image file is called IMAGE.BIN. You got errors because IMAGE.BIN is NOT on the C:\Windows\Desktop\ folder.

Therefore, if CUE file is in the same directory of the BIN file, just edit it this way:
    FILE "[bold]image.bin[/bold]" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

save the CUE (in the same directory of the BIN file) and go!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2003
  3. shogun847

shogun847 Guest

OK, I am guessing your the one who deleted my other post in the top thread, but... If you took a look at it you would see that I told you that the cue is
    [bold]FILE "image.bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00[/bold]
    and the cue/bin are in the same folder, both have the same name only the bin has .bin on the end.
    But I still get that error....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2003
  4. shogun847

shogun847 Guest

Also I downloaded burnatonce and I get this error [bold]Cue/Bin must exist in the same folder and have the same name[/bold] but the bin/cue are in the same folder and the names are cue= image bin=image.bin

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Shogun, posting multiple posts is against rules therefore I deleted it. I read the other post and I have no answers.

The name of the cue is not relevant, you can rename it "x.CUE" and it does not matter. What is needed is that the name between " " in the FILE command in the CUE file matches the image file name.

The name might have been mis-spelled (maybe a blank?) but the error is clear: the name does not match the image file name.

You can try a different route: use Nero, choose File--> Burn Image, choose "all files *.*" and load directly the .BIN file. At the "Foreign Image Settings" screen choose 'Data Mode 1' and check the 'Raw data' checkbox.

(you can use Nero succesfully only if the image is not from a protected CD)

6. shogun847

shogun847 Guest

Thanks I'll try this

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2003