1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error with modded xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by anklebar, Aug 9, 2004.

1. anklebar

anklebar Member

Hello I have jsut recently got on of the latest Avalaunch xbox mod chips installed on my system. I've experienced and error tha when I turn on my system the system light flashes red and the screen is blank. Does this have anything to do with the chip itself or the xbox. If anybody has any info please leave a msg :))

2. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi There

you sure your chip is an "Avalaunch" in make ? as to be honest thats the usual name for a replacement dashboard.

the red/green flash is a common error that plagues the xbox when the chip install fails the first port of call would be to check the D0 point then to check EVERY other aspect of the chip install via a process of elimination you can check every step of your modification to find out where your problem lies.

IF you can be 100% sure that the install is ok you can then checkany other possible cause for your error. Maybe and its a big maybe... check the chip boots in another xbox to test the bios on the chip. if this checks out ok but you still have the error you describe then go back and check your instyall OVER AND OVER, and if you still get no joy check that the dashboard you have on your xbox has not in some way become corrupt.

It can be many things and please do not say oh i have looked at the chip and it seems ok.. as this is a very common reply when with some indepth examination you find that the simplest connector has come loose. And to be honest the very fact that your getting the error in the first place means that you do have a problem so eliminate EVERY possible cause.

If you still need help send me a Pm and i will try to "walk you through" some more test procedures

Regards

3. mess1

mess1 Regular member

Flashing red is a characteristic of the font exploit running. Avalaunch is the name of the dashboard not the name of the chip.