1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethernet card prob and network connectivity!!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by DaosVIII, May 4, 2007.

1. DaosVIII

DaosVIII Member

hi guys,
    nice to meet u all.

ok, straight to the point.

i have a pc with a intergrated ethernet adapter (VIA Fast Ethernet Adapter). recently, it got busted and it kept showing limited or no connectivity at the taskbar. however, the LED is still on. at my modem, the ethernet LED is OFF. i tried using other LAN cable but no luck.

So, i bought another ethernet card a few days ago and installed it. (D-link) my pc detected the new hardware and it was running fine. i connected my LAN cable to it and the ethernet LED at my modem is blinking, showing signs that my ethernet card is functional.

ok, the problem. Now, i have 2 local area network icon at the taskbar. One is connected with VIA and the another with D-link. the VIA LAN still shows the same problem (limited or no connectivity) while D-link LAN is showing 'not connected'. i connected my LAN cable to the D-link card.

How is this possible? any suggestion? Can any1 tell what is happening? Ive been offline for a week. HELP!!!!

2. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

go into your bios to disable the onboard netcard. check your motherboard manual or user guide on how to do that. other option is go into device manager & disable the via net card.