1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evo X won't Boot on modded Xbox, only booting new Xbox Live dashboard.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by pathfinda, Oct 5, 2004.

1. pathfinda

pathfinda Guest

I have a modded xbox, using and old chip. I have had no issues..until i played OutRun 2 Demo.

When the demo starts, it says " Upgrading for Xbox Live". I knew I was in trouble.

I played the demo, then re-booted the Xbox.
    Sure enuff, i get the new dashboard with Xbox live.

so, i figure, i can re-load EvoX and get back to normal. nope, I use Slayers 2.6 install and nothing. I can (finally) FTP to it, and i see a folder titled xoline. I figure that is where the new dashboard is loaded. I delete it, reboot, and the light is flashing green and red, with a message telling me that my xbox needs service.

Have i missed a seeting somewhere? Can i re-format the C, and use Slayers CD to reinstall all the apps?

FYI, if possible, i want to save my games. I can FTP them to my PC, but i ain't looking forward to doing that.

any help...etc, etc, etc...

2. pathfinda

pathfinda Guest

The answer, if anyone else has this issue....

I didn't rename the EvoX xbe to xboxdash.xbe. Once I did, re-booted the XBox and the EvoX dashboard came up.

3. Urinlmynt

Urinlmynt Member

Did the same here...worked great, I just FTP the backup original over if I need it. Which 99.99% of the time I don't. I thought I would need it to set the time when I lose it but apparently FTPing synchronizes the time and date.