1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

evolution x default skin.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by guinnyss, Apr 1, 2005.

1. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

can some tell me how to remove the default skin for evoltion x. my reason is when i change the skin i can still see the evolution x skin in the background spinning around.

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

FTP into your xbox and get the ini file for the skin that you are talking about. Now open the file and look for a line that says
    LogoType= X

The number that is represented by the 'X' is what determines what kind of logo you have moving in the background.

0=big logo in the center
    1=small logo top left
    2=small logo top right
    3=small logo bottom left
    4=small logo bottom right

Now I'm not sure,but it would make sense if all you did was get rid of the whole line to get rid of the logo all together.......but it's worth a try.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  3. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

anoter quick question, did you say get rid of the whole line together? an dhow do i get to that file.

4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

I think even if you remove or comment the line out all together, the big logo stays. I don't use EvoX anymore, but I do remember trying to get rid of the logo all together and it didn't work.

I'll load it up after work and see what happens.

5. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

thanks i sure did go away but i replace the 0 ofr a 4 now its bottom right. what about those skins that shows up in the skin in side the xbox but when i FTP inside the box i can't find them, they only sems to apear when im inside the xbox an not when i FTP.

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

they should be in a folder called skins. Most likley in your C drive,unless you did a stealth install.

7. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

there not in the skins C drive,a nd i bought it with the evolution x o i wouldn't know about stealth install. but do you know how i can find these lost skins? i wanna erase them.

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

when you ftp into your box,look at your exox.ini file and look at the path that your skins are linked to. That will tell you wherer the box is getting it's skins.

9. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

okay ima do that as soon as i finish killin a couple of poeple on halo 2 online.

10. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

this is what i got... i can't find them hidden skins..

#Item "XboX LINUX - Self Add-On","e:\default.xbe"

Section "System Management"
    {
    Line "----------------------------",1
    Item "Game Management on Xbox HD","f:\Apps\cpxtools\default.xbe"
    Item "DVD Management on XBOX HD","f:\Apps\dvd2xbox\default.xbe"
    Line "----------------------------",1
    Item "Skins ",ID_Skins
    Item "Trainer",ID_trainer