1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exact Audio Copy w/ RazorLame

Discussion in 'Audio' started by awakenow, Jan 17, 2004.

1. awakenow

awakenow Member

I'm a newbie, be gentle. Trying to get EAC to work with razorlame (a frontend for lame). Unable to get EAC to "see" settings preselected for lame using razorlame. Anyone tried this or used razorlame? Thanks.

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

You can use lame (.exe or .dll) directly with Exact Audio Copy. I can't think of anything that can be done with razorlame that can't be done with EAC + lame.exe. What exactly do you want to do using razorlame?

If you need a guide how to set up EAC + lame, have a look here: http://www.ping.be/satcp/tutorials.htm

3. awakenow

awakenow Member

Using EAC menu: EAC/Compression Options/External Compression. I enter path to lame directory where I have installed razorlame (and lame itself). After changing lame parameters using several different ".rlo" files, the changes and different options dont show up in The EAC dialog box I referred to above. What am I doing wrong?

4. awakenow

awakenow Member

RazorLame provides many different files using an .rlo extension (I assume it's an acronym for: Razor Lame Options) you can load that automatically enters all the command line switches and it looks to be easy to use for someone not really familiar with the software. Have you tried it, or do you know of any problems or limitations with it? I have a homebuilt Asus a7n8x/amd2600+/asus52xCDR. Thanks for the reply.

5. awakenow

awakenow Member

BTW, thanks for the link-looking at it now.

6. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

I'd just get some lame.exe, e.g. lame 3.90.3 from http://rarewares.hydrogenaudio.org and use it as "user defined encoder" with EAC. Then use --alt-preset standard %s %d as commandline (or any other you want - have a look at the sticky 'recommended lame settings' thread here - just don't forget adding "%s %d" which is necessary for EAC). No need to worry about .rlo

7. awakenow

awakenow Member

Wanted to use other than "--alt preset standard" just to fool around and learn. Used "VBR 11 Studio.rlo" in razorlame, which entered The switches "-b 160 -m s -V 0 -B 320" into Lame. Copied and pasted this into EAC as experiment (learned from your link that EAC will use the custom switches you enter over those in the the drop-down list. I forgot to enter %s %d at the end, and when I tried to compress to MP3 from CD to HDD, EAC copied files in .wav format and would not compress to mp3. Is this because I left out the last two switches?