1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experiencing Difficulty Using DVD RB and CCE? If So, Then Ask Your Questions Here.

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jul 26, 2004.

1. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Note that INI files in DVD RB are clearly labeled "Rebuilder, configuration settings."

3. RitekRG

RitekRG Member

hey sophocles .. brobear (if still a/r); apologize to all/moderator since this question is probably out of context for this thread but does get much attention, anyway ..

purchased averatec 17" laptop and upgraded w/ Athlon MT-37 (2.0Ghz), 2gb Kingston PC3200 sticks and Seagate 80gb 7200.1 HDD. note: lost my entire rig in Katrina & am still recovering.

Will this laptop run dvd-rb v1.2 w/ procoder2/cce-sp 2.70 or should i just resort to a transcoder (i.e.recode2 or 1clickpro)? is it possible w/ proper Lap cooler? note: ran stress program for 2hrs & cpu core kept steady a/r 62c (+/- 2c) utilizing Speedfan.

Thanks so much for all yr help 2-3yrs ago and whoever asst. w/ RB installer. has really matured since then; a new rig will be in the near future, but just wondering.

Experience, as always, very much appreciated,

ARR

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

RitekRG

You won't break any speed records but your laptop should be able to run RB just fine. I would suggest running it at night while you sleep so that you don't tie up your PC. I figure it should probably take about 4 hours for an encoded to complete. If the movie is only slightly larger in size than your media then a transcoder of your choice should do just fine.

I'm sorry to hear that you got hit by Katrina. I live in Florida and I understand the devastation that a Hurricane can cause. Best Wishes.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

As a referance, I encoded a 6.2gb folder with rb/cce sp 2.70 in 102 minutes including building an ifo file. My laptop has a 1.66 T5500 core2duo and 1 gb ddr2 533 ram.

6. RitekRG

RitekRG Member

Sophocles

again, many thanks to You .. been itch'g to get my DVD collection restocked w/ spare mobile copy. previous ed. dvd-rb w/ cce did great job. look'g at RB-pro w/ newer version cce-sp.

Very best to you also; recovery long and arduous but finally back in.

Oh, are you and brobear still challenging each other .. performance & all? .. enjoyed yr jousting/humor!

Many Grats for All you do .. and ot. members too.

ARR

7. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

@RitekRG

Would you mind sending me your e-mail address? Send it to dvd-rb@dvd-rb.com.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  8. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

This may be slightly off topic but me and a couple of my friends have DVD Rebuilder running on Linux using Wine. We have a couple of threads started one at Doom9 and another at Digital Digest. Anyone interested in giving this a try we will be more than willing to offer help.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Oops. Deleted double post.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Wolfmanz

So why not start a thread here at AD in the RB forum? Some members might be hesitant to jump to a different forum and have to go through the sign-up process just to ask a question.

11. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Wolfmanz

A couple of pleasant posts hardly rate as a hijack and the forum was long overdue for a little Linux support.;)

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

@wolfmanz

I read your Linux guide and I thought that it was quite good. There aren't many out there who are using Linux and RB together but I have this feeling that Microsfoft will help things along. LOL

Good work

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  14. somone

somone Member

Q-15: I get an Encode Basic error message that "Frame size 1248x56 is not supported. Supported frame size is up to 720x576". A-15: Make sure you have checked the box "Add to AVS file" in the DVD-RB Setup panel. This is next to the MPEG2DEC3dg.dll path box. Also make sure you have entered the correct path to the MPEG2DEC3dg.dll file.

My version of DVD-RB doesn't seem to have this option. And I keep getting this error. Any ideas? Please help.

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

A lot has changed in RB since that particular line was posted. Which version of RB are you using and is it the free or pro versions?

If it is the free version then I recommend that you download the installer version and let it do most of the work for you. If you set things up yourself then which version of Avisynth are you using?

Your problem is likely in your setup somewhere but the more info that you provide regarding your setup the greater the chance that it can be quickly resolved.

16. somone

somone Member

Well that seemed to work, thanks. But now I get this unfortunate error:

Error in UpdateIFO:VTS_FO VOBID: 01/CELLID: 20was not found in VOB durring Rebuild

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

somone

Which application are you using to rip your discs with? You've provided only a very small amount of info regarding your system and applications.

In the years that I've been using RB I've found that there are only a few common things that will adversely affect the outcome.

Setup is by far the most common which can include using a very recent version of Avisynth that jdobbs hasn't had time to account for.

Badly ripped disc containing some type of physical protection that thwarts attempts to back it up.

Unstable system that overheats or is so highly overclocked that it is producing errors.

By paying attention to the above, I have never after several hundred DVDs, found a single one that I couldn't back up.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  18. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

That error means that one of the referenced cells (usually a chapter) that is referenced in the IFO file doesn't exist in the ripped files. That is an indicator of a bad rip.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007