1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

external hard drive problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ak47x101, Mar 23, 2007.

1. ak47x101

ak47x101 Member

i bought a kaser storagevault 250 gb external hard drive...for a couple months it worked perfectly and it was fast etc...then one day i turn it on and it starts to make these weird ass wizzing and scratching noises from within...i have no clue whats going on so i go on and when i chek my computer, it shows up as connected..but i cant access it thorugh my computer...all i can do is click the windows safely disconnect thingy on the task bar and disconnect it...does anyone noe how to fix this problem ??? i tried shaking it lightly...tapping it, turning it upside down...it hasnt worked either on my new laptop or on my computer...plz help

2. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

do you have the warranty for it?? if a hdd starts making noises thats not good.. also you can try formating the hdd. just right click on it go down to format or disk check for errors. which is under properties an tools when you right click on it.

3. ak47x101

ak47x101 Member

no...becuz the point is tht i do not wnat to lose all my information from it.....it doesnt show up on my computer at all......i opened it up and all it is is jst a normal western digital 250 gb internal hard drive with sum wires to convert it into a usb hdd