1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extract and Append audio to mpeg file

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by thiyagups, May 24, 2004.

1. thiyagups

thiyagups Guest

Reectly i bought a VCD when i played the VCD, i found the audio is availiable only on the left speaker. i need to balance the auido .how to do it..means there is any tool to edit the audio or to extract the audio, edit it and append it to the file.

kindly advice

thanks in advance
    thiyagu

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I suppose you could rip the Mpeg/Dat file off of the VCD and then De-Multiplex the File and then load the audio into an audio editor and convert the Mono audio to a psudo sterio file and the Re Multiplex the audio back to the Video and then Burn the Mpeg files to CD-R as a VCD.....

3. thiyagups

thiyagups Guest

fine ...can u suggest a tool to do all the de-multiplex ,extracting and editing the audio...

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can probably use Tmpgenc to the Demultiplexing and Multiplexing and even to convert the mono to Psudo sterio but an audio editng program Like Sound Forge or Goldwave might be better for that...Cheers