1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F.E.A.R cuts out bad install? help please

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by MUNKYEARS, May 25, 2007.

1. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

help, I think this is some kind of bad installation... but i installed fear no probs.. then i start playing.. i get into game and get up to the bit where paxton fettel hits ya with the wood ya get up go back then it returns you to the desktop with no error report or anything?

exatc same point.. i tryed on different graphics card levels..

please help

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Have you checked for updates/patches for the game? Many games have various bugs in them when released. Always check for updates.

How about the game spec requirements? Does your system meet ALL of them? Be sure to look at the supported list of video cards/chipsets on the game maker website.

FEAR is a resource hog. Sounds like a video problem to me. So, read about the card requirements real close.

3. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

yeh it could be a video problem... but i could play for as long as i want on multiplayer and the start bit

everything is fine apart from grahics card i have a intel 82915G/GV/910GL CHIPSET it has 256 mb memory

4. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

sorry for double posting buts not supported it doesnt have pixel shader 2.0 should i buy a new one... my system is a dell dimension 3100 with intel core 2 duo processor 2gb ram 1 terabyte hdd external and a 160 gb internal running xp home just had new motherboard put in same with ram

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  5. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Computer sounds uptodate. Games can be real picky regarding video cards. Choose a new video card carefully. See which ones are called for by the games you play most or are likely to buy in the future.

I don't recognize the chipset you mentioned. By any chance is your computer a laptop? Laptops are a whole 'nother world (problems) when trying to play games. Most games are going to look for ATI or nVidia chipsets.

If you have a laptop proceed with extra care!

6. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

no mynes a desktop.. bout a year old.. i dont really have £200 to spend on a new graphics card at the moment... any other idea's?

7. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

No good ideas. If your card is not supported by the game and/or does not have pixel shader support, I suspect not much can be done.

You could check the online FEAR forums to see if they have any work arounds ...

Good luck.

8. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

thanks for the help dude ill snoop around and see if anyone else has any ideas