1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Mar 15, 2003.

1. dazila

dazila Regular member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hi all,
    Yes it seems kinda funny now, to remember all the worry McLaren had about bringing Hamilton up much too quickly - how his fragile confidence could be crushed by being paired with the experienced and fast double world champion...
    How it would be so difficult for him (though not unexpected) to be slower than his teammate etc. etc...
    Hah! I remember thinking 'could be tough on Alonso if Lewis is NOT slower' heheh.
    It's qualifying: this kid Hamilton is a master-qualifier and he's getting all the poles!
    That was pure BS, moving Alonso back to sixth. The damned FIA is into bloody everything - what business is it of theirs if one team car is stacked up behind the other in the pits? I mean how can they say Alonso has to stop so quickly, such & such a time: then that's it, time's up...?
    The bloody FIA is like the Canadian government, trying to legislate EVERYTHING and leave no stone unturned. Over-regulated bullshit, heavy-handed crap, rant, rave, &*#$, #@&!... ahhh (I feel better now).
    Every single other driver must now play Hardball with young Lewis and really take it to him... chrome-horn or whatever, y'know?
    He deperately needs some bad luck, natural or otherwise.
    And Kimi - poor Kimi; he's being out-qualified by a rookie in his last-year's car, heheh.
    All you F1 drivers had better wake the hell up! Michael's gone and victory is up for grabs now... right?
    LoL, looks like Schumacher left just in time, heheh! Now there is a matchup we'll never get a chance to see...
    Anyway I agree with Alonso, it's now time to treat the kid like a leper (or worse).
    Regards

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Alonso deserved everything he got on Saturday (full stop) !!

Time he grew up , imho he's no team player & as to hating Hamilton ... I would ask what he's done to be so loathesome (seems to only be in foreigners eyes that anyway , so not like I take a lot of notice - lol) ?

Ferrari have been disappointing , it's meant to be coming to them in the next few races .. ie; tracks that suit the Fearrari [here's hoping]

Talking about moves to a different team is rather premature seeing as we're nowhere near the end of the season , anyone doing so is only creating attention & nowt more.

No U.S.A or France (Magny Cours) next year .. wow :p

4. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

There is going to be a big shake-up at McLaren next year if Hamilton takes the driver's championship. There is no way Alonso will want to play second-fiddle to a rookie for another season.

I can't see anyone stopping Hamilton now. If Raikonnen was in Alonso's position right now, things might be different. But when Alonso'd losing -- like he was at the weekend, he tends to attack the corners hard & aggressively, which leaves him more prone to make a mistake.

5. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Ridiculous! Both McLarens were already on the bloody front row.
    To change the qualifying order (at midnight) based on what might have happened is lunacy...
    And no American or French GP next year!? That's crazy too.
    My beloved F1 is slowly going to pieces right before our eyes,
    L8R

6. dazila

dazila Regular member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

*bump*

China tomorrow; I'm excited! ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

/me snickers at an attempt to revive a dead thread

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

B..b..but they said it was a good idea here!

Oh boo hoo :p

10. varnull

varnull Guest

Superb race on Sunday.. It's so much better when it rains :)

11. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi :)
    @ loco..snicker away friend :)

@ Jack
    it's not the thread that needs reviveing<?..it's the old members

@ P :) ye the rain is a good leveler

a news snippit

Dennis relinquishes Formula One role at McLaren
    McLaren announced on Thursday that Ron Dennis is to hand full responsibility for the company’s Formula One operation to Martin Whitmarsh, who took over as team principal at the start of March. Dennis will now concentrate his efforts on McLaren’s road car business.

“As of today, Ron Dennis has handed his responsibility as Chief Executive Officer of McLaren Racing to Martin Whitmarsh, who will be responsible to the board for the activities of McLaren Racing in addition to his role of Team Principal of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes,” confirmed a McLaren statement.

The announcement marks the end of a long and glorious Formula One career for Dennis, dating back almost 30 years. In that time he has led McLaren to seven constructors' world championships and ten drivers' world championships.

Reflecting on his life in Formula One, Dennis commented: "I passed the role of Team Principal of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes to Martin Whitmarsh on January 16th, the day of the launch of our new Formula One car. That day I was asked many times whether I would attend the 2009 Australian Grand Prix. My answer was ‘yes’. I duly attended it - albeit not as the person in charge of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes. It was, I admit, a strange feeling.

"The next race, the Malaysian Grand Prix, I watched on TV in the UK - an activity I found surprisingly easy. I'd expected to be more emotional about it, after an unbroken run of attending so many grands prix for so many years.”

Dennis’s withdrawal comes amid a difficult time for the team, who remain embroiled in the controversy surrounding Lewis Hamilton’s disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix and the subsequent departure of McLaren sporting director Dave Ryan. Dennis insisted, however, that the decision to go was his alone.

"I admit I'm not always easy to get on with,” he added. “I admit I've always fought hard for McLaren in Formula One. I doubt if Max Mosley or Bernie Ecclestone will be displeased by my decision. But no-one asked me to do it. It was my decision. Equally, I was the architect of today's restructure of the McLaren Group. Again, no-one asked me to do it. It was my decision.

"I feel enormously enthused about the prospects for the McLaren Group and for McLaren Automotive, and have no qualms about leaving Martin to report to the board regarding matters connected with Formula One."

Dennis now takes up the role of Executive Chairman of McLaren Automotive, which will become independent of the McLaren Group later this year and plans to launch the first model in a new range of McLaren sports cars, to be built at a new UK production facility, in 2011.

12. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yo! What's up lads?
    Bloody F1, we're pissed off at them here in Canada, as you can imagine...
    No race in Canada; no race in USA; no North American race; no race in our planet earth's Western Hemisphere! Well, Brazil...
    But still. The FIA calls it the World Championship!? HAH!
    Clearly it has become the Championship of the 17 Highest Bidders, LoL.
    Some World Championship, heheh, that's a sick joke.
    Actually they should be sued for calling it that (then maybe not so funny).
    Thank goodness there's some new blood winning races this year.
    Good for Ross Brawn - I bet the boys at Honda are all freaking out...
    Anyway, ciao for now.
    Regards

13. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

amen to that!! hell i live 30 miles from the track and i have a suite on the main straight going into turn 1, you bet im pissed.

14. varnull

varnull Guest

http://www.Lonero.net - friend of the forums, great guitar player -- haven't heard anything recently.. but agreed.. excellent tunes XD

#afterdawn (well i have no idea where it is anymore) -- irc.villageirc.net #afterdawn -- simples ;)

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Amen Geoff!

Shame about Canadian GP :(

And Bill Lonero is a pretty talented guitarist indeed - got one of his albums myself and I'm not really into that sort of thing!

~J

16. varnull

varnull Guest

Well I guess today's result has shown us the true team performance. Interesting result and the reliability of this years cars is just awesome.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009