1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

faulty toshiba laptop screen

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Sam6226, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Sam6226

Sam6226 Regular member

The screen on my Toshiba Satellite a500 laptop goes a strange purple/green colour and really blurry when I tilt the screen, the screen is usually like this but i can adjust it sometimes right that the screen works normally. The degree of purpleness changes depending on how tilted the screen is and like I said I can make the screen diplay a normal picture however a slight movement will cause it to go purple again. I suspect this may be an issue of a faulty connection between the computer and the screen since in the right position it does work normally, so how would I fix this the computer is about 2 or so years old so would it be cheaper to send it into toshiba or fix it myself?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

could be a damaged wire in the cable between the screen & motherboard or a loose connection on either end. might have to totally disassemble the laptop to correct the problem.

3. Sam6226

Sam6226 Regular member

ohh okay thank you, i think its probably easiest for me just to send it in, sorry for slow reply and thanks for your help

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem.