1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.FCD problems, help is required...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Shin555, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Shin555

Shin555 Guest

Hi,

I have downloaded this program called "ISO to CD" which is a program where you drag the ISO file over the "ISO to CD" icon and then a .FCD file is created but what do i do with this?

I have tried programs like ISObuster and WinISO but i don't know how to use them, i don't suppose anyone else does do they??

Thanxs!!

2. oak1

oak1 Member

I really don't know what the .fcd extension is but just wondering why you would want to use iso to cd? You could some other programs that are more popular,unless you need the particular .fcd extension. You could burn the iso with nero or easy cd or many others.

3. Shin555

Shin555 Guest

HOW??

4. oak1

oak1 Member

Open nero, cancel wizard, go to file/burn image...go to where your iso is located...in the file type window select all files then you should see the iso. Select it and depending on what it is you will choose either mode 1 or mode 2 and click on write.

5. Shin555

Shin555 Guest

Thanx For Replying!!

But i got a problem when i open the ISO a dialogue box appears on screen saying, that,

"The entered block size does not correspond to the image length. The block size may be wrong. Do you want to correct the value or ignore the problem?"

I then have two options Correct or Ignore.

If i Correct the problem, i am shown the foreign image settings, what do i do for a PC game?
    There mode 1 with 2352 bytes as my block size right?
    Only the block size here is 2048, and that is way off, could this file be corrupt or is this normal?

IF i select Ignore it goes straight to the burn image.

What should i do?

6. oak1

oak1 Member

I really have never had that problem so I don't know, I wish I had an answer for you. All I can say is if you can get your hands on the game again to copy it and use clonecd. I would assume that the image problem is from some copy protection scheme. If you have the name of the game and the original disc I can walk you through making a good backup of it but as far as just an iso ...a: I really don't know how it got to the iso point and B: I don't think that we can talk about doing things with images that you don't own or have the original disc to. But if you do have the original disc...give me the name of the game and I will tell you exactly how to copy it.

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

.fcd stands for VirtualCD. Use a freebie called CDMage to explore the directory of the .fcd file. I find it easiest to drag-n-drop the file format in the upper left hand dialog box as this method never complains of errors. Search our main website for CDMage (www.afterdawn.com)

Shoey :)