1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

file won't burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by celtboy, Aug 25, 2007.

1. celtboy

celtboy Guest

i have a movie file that is 802mb long,it is in avi format,i tried to burn it to dvd-rw using cyberlink on a used disc,but it came out skipping and not watchable,so i got new tdk rw discs,but media player says it can't be burned as it is to long??????????
    real burner says same..how come cyberlink was ok?but the quality was bad?HELP..

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

if you got your avi file from the internet then it could be a bad download. or the avi that was made is of poor quality to begin with, so when you converted it to DVD compliant files the quality can only be as good as the .avi file to begin with!

I use ConvertXToDVD ...... this program does it all.... it will convert many different formats to DVD compliant files and it will even burn it to disk for you. It's a quality program but costs money.

If you are using an RW disk then it has to be formated to burn your converted .avi files and the format does take a little room. So if you have a large .avi file (usually a movie is about 750mb) then use a regular disk not an RW.

I never knew that Cyberlink can DVDs

3. celtboy

celtboy Guest

done, thanxs!