1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Files to include for playable DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blinkytom, Mar 17, 2005.

1. blinkytom

blinkytom Member

Hi there,

I'm trying to copy Shaun of the Dead using Nero. All I want is the main movie so I 'Explored' the DVD and copied only the *.VOB files (VTS_02_0.VOB to VTS_02_5.VOB) of the main movie to my HDD. I then tried to burn them to DVD but it said there were files missing so I then copied those files (VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_02_0.BUP, VTS_02_0.IFO) to my HDD. I then burned all these files (2 x .BUP, 2 x .IFO 6 x .VOB) to the VIDEO_TS folder on a DVD-R. Feeling very pleased with myself I then tried the DVD on 2 DVD players (which have both played DVD-Rs) and my computer but nothing would play.

I'm new to this and I really don't understand why this disc won't work for me. Help me, please :(

Thanks
    Regards
    Tom

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Tom,
    See the link on my signature? Go there and use one of the guides it will show you step by step what you need to do..

Use either the ScubaPete guide or the very first guide there..

Good Luck and let me know how it comes out :)

3. blinkytom

blinkytom Member

Hello

Tried the first method and wah hey, it worked perfectly. Thanks very much for your help.

Thanks again
    Tom

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem! Glad you got it to work :)