1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filtering Audio

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by skindoze, Sep 16, 2004.

1. skindoze

skindoze Guest

Hi to everyone in this forum from a newcomer.
    My first post presents a little dilema i recently encountered which to you guys might seem quite trivial.

A few weeks ago i shot some footage on the beach of my family on vacation and the video result was excellent. The crystal clarity was amazing bearing in mind i observed the rules governing sunlight glare, shimmer and the likes. However, the audio was not so good :(
    All the talking and laughing was completely drowned out by the high winds normally experienced on the coastline. I tried cleaning up the audio inside Adobe Audition and Steinberg Wavelab, but the end result remained pretty much the same.
    How can i aviod this kind of problem of recording unwanted noise or even filtering it out completely in the future?

I have seen news footage on TV by the coastline, where the reporters voices are crystal clear and no sound of any winds or any unwanted noise for that matter. How do they do that?

Your advice and observations will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

It all boils down to the type of microphone those people have ..... They cost more then your camera you used to shoot your footage... ~~ smiles .. the cardioid pattern of those microphone is limited to a very small radius and the filtering precludes any excessive low pitch noise to pass thru .. !! To resume, those microphone are very limited as to the coverage they can achieve .. that is why you will see those reporters sticking the mike up people nose when they interview ... !!