1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firefox - Can't Save Images

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by harryarch, Aug 20, 2007.

1. harryarch

harryarch Member

For some reason I'm no longer (I think since my reinstall of Windows XP some many months ago) able to save images. I right click - save image as, and I save it to the desktop, and nothing. It doesn't save. Hmmm?

2. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Are you sure firefox isn't set to save some where else as the desktop isn't the default save area.

3. harryarch

harryarch Member

Well, even if Firefox defaults somewhere other than desktop when I click save image as it still gives me the option as to where I want to save it. The default is 'Desktop'. I've tried saving to 'My Documents' as well, but no dice.

Is there an option I need to turn on in Firefox?

Also, I used to get a download box that showed everything downloading in progress, and I don't get that anymore. The box is checked in firefox to show downloads in progress, but again no dice.

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

It might be a corrupted profile.

Now.... either you can try starting Firefox in it's own 'safe mode', and choosing to create another profile, but it's been easier for me when things have gone wrong before, to simply remove the existing profile, and restart Firefox.

To do that, go to Documents and Settings\(user name)\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles and delete the profile folder under Profile, which will have a multi-charactered name such as 033eahe21.default.

Back up your Bookmarks first!! Save them to the desktop. Bookmarks, Organize Bookmarks, then go to File, Export.

After deleting, you'll have to re-add your add-ons. Do so one at a time, just in case it may have been one of them that caused the corruption.