1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firmware and drive speed.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bigwop, Aug 20, 2004.

1. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

If I upgrade the firmware of my NEC1300A from 1.5 to 1.0B and it doesn't work right, can I go back to 1.5. Also my drive is 4x. I always use 1x-2x dvd-r. If I use 4x dvd-r disks I notice a spot in dvd decrypter where you can select the burning speed. The reason is that it seems that I'm seeing more 4x blanks out there but I want to burn my movies at a slower speed. Has anyone changed the burn speed in decrypter? Does it work? Thanks

2. pirret

pirret Guest

Yes you can go Back use this link for the various avaiable firmware for your NEC.........this is what it says for your 1.0B

This update does only add new media information to your burner, there will be nothing changed on writing method or problems in conjunction with some burner softwares.

This update do not create a duallayer burn function.
    This update do not increase writing speed to 8x at DvD+R/-R.

The DvD+R medias below will be recognized with firmware 1.0B, but be informed, they won`t be added to our list of recommend medias, because there is no guarantee for optimal burn results and performance.

8x PHILIPS
    8x RITEK (NEW 8X)
    8x NANYA
    8x BeALL
    8x OPTODISC
    8x DAXON(ACER)
    8x PROMEDIA
    8x Longten
    8x Longten
    4x INTER AXIA
    4x NANYA
    8x NANYA
    4x INFODISC
    8x GIGASTRAGE
    4x Digital Disc Dessau
    4x Lead Data
    8x INTER MEDIA

you can write 8x DvD+R´s only up to 4x speed with ND-1300A.

3. pirret

pirret Guest

4. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

Thank you very much.