1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firmware update goes wrong, any hope?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by badskippy, Mar 28, 2004.

1. badskippy

badskippy Guest

I updated the firmware on my NEC ND-1300A. All seemed to go well and the update was deemed succesful. I rebooted my PC and the drive just would not work. the light is blinking on the fotn and the tray will not eject. And worst of all the drive is now recognised as a ND-1100A. before you ask the update was for the 1300. I cannot flash the drive now it won't find anything when I try and run the firmware uodates.
    Is there anyway to fix the problem? or do I just have to give in and buy a new drive?

any help extremley well appreciated.

Cheers

2. pieman

pieman Regular member

i had a massive prob with my 105 ie updated to the latest firmware which didnt work, and every previous firmware i tried to restore with wouldnt work.Until i visited wwww.rpc1.org.Loads of advice and firmware to try.Best of luck!!

3. badskippy

badskippy Guest

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The site pieman listed is about the best place to get a solution to your problem. From the way the drive got renamed to the wrong model seems to show you used the wrong firmware. You can sometimes recover if there is a firmware fix on that rpc1 site. It will probably need to be done in dos mode if at all possible.

Jerry

5. badskippy

badskippy Guest

Spoke to someone at NEC. They were very helpful and told me that many people have this problem. It seems there is a fault with the windows installer. The fix was simple make a boot disk and re apply the firmware update in DOS and all was well.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Did you use the same firmware or did you download another version. Its still strange that the model number changed if it was the correct firmware. Glad you got it fixed.

Jerry