1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix for tv shows that don't show up as TV Shows & getting the TV Show Category back

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by MonkeyFat, Apr 8, 2007.

1. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest

A lot of people have had problems with TV Shows not showing up on their iPods. They only show up in Recently Added, and there is no category for TV Shows at all.

You have to give the show(i.e. Friends) a different name than the episode(The One Where They...)in the Video tab of "Get Info".

This creates a folder for the show in your iTunes folder. Why that makes a difference, I have no idea.

Tutorial here:
    http://monkeyphat.com/tvshows.html

If I missed something, let me know.

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

What do you mean by this? Like, if I have an episode of 'Chappelle's Show' can I name it Prince Vs. Charlie Murphy and then put Chappelle's Show as the artist? Because I did this and it still won't give my iPod a TV Shows section.

3. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest

As long as you have something listed for each box it should work. You changed the video type to TV Show?

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Yessir.

5. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest

I took all TV Shows off my iPod. The TV Shows category disappeared. I only put a 30-second clip(not purchased from iTunes) back on and the category reappeared.

If I sent you the clip via IM, do you think the information from iTunes would stay the same? Maybe that way we could narrow down the problem.

My AIM is monkeyphatkim