1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flash bios and process

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by skruloose, Jan 6, 2005.

1. skruloose

skruloose Guest

i hate souding completely incompetant but, i'm clueless here. i bought and x-chip for my xbox ( which after examination is a1.0 version xbox) but now i am lost. i have no clue where to get the proper bios form or how to flash my chip for that matter. i have installed the x-control software and connected to it with my chip etc. i cannot install the cromwell because i have absolutely no clue which file to install out of the thirty some-odd files that i get when i expand the compressed file. then again i don't really even want the cromwell bios. can someone please tell me how to use this software and where to get it. i have halo 2 and several other games i would like to back up because i have a bad habit of scrathcing disks. i will appreciate any help, sorry to be a noob.

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

you can get all the bioses you need from the xbins chat room on mIRC. look that up on xbox-scene or here, i've posted a small guide on how to do it. i flashed my xecuter 2.0 lite from the evox dash. i simply uploaded the bioses into the bios folder in my C drive and flashed it through evox.

let me know how it works.

3. skruloose

skruloose Guest

thank you much